After Market Coils For AT MAX ie Nel

My understanding is that the Nel coils are very good and lite. I like the fact that they can be used with the Pro and Max....(Max will be here Monday).

I had an NEL coil for my AT-Pro a while back. Sold it to Mattmit. If I remember right it was $265 shipped to me. I really didnt notice much improvement vs the 8.5x11 coil. Maybe I just never got it over anything really deep but I sure did cover ground quicker. :) Somewhere recently, I cant remember where, I heard/saw a video talking about NEL coils and the Max. One of the guys NEL coils worked perfectly on the Pro and the Gold but didnt work at all on the Max. ??? One of his other NEL coils worked on all three. So guess you're rolling the dice wether your specific NEL Coil will or will not work on the Max.

I had an NEL coil for my AT-Pro a while back. Sold it to Mattmit. If I remember right it was $265 shipped to me. I really didnt notice much improvement vs the 8.5x11 coil. Maybe I just never got it over anything really deep but I sure did cover ground quicker. :) Somewhere recently, I cant remember where, I heard/saw a video talking about NEL coils and the Max. One of the guys NEL coils worked perfectly on the Pro and the Gold but didnt work at all on the Max. ??? One of his other NEL coils worked on all three. So guess you're rolling the dice wether your specific NEL Coil will or will not work on the Max.

You're thinking of a Hoover Boys vid. I saw it too. He seemed a bit perplexed as to why it wasn't working but pressed on. My MAX is going to be such a huge jump from my ACE 400 that I won't be shopping for coils for quite some time (plus my wife would kill me LOL)

LOL, I hear ya on that. My friend has a Gold, Sold his Pro, And we've both used 350's Pro's and Gold's and he says the tones are different by a little. Will take a little getting used to but you, going from a 400 to the Max.. Thats a major jump. Spend as much time with it as you can and dig everything. Which is what I'm gonna be doing for the first??? Who knows how long it will take me to feel comfortable in my guess as to what it's telling me is down there.

Oh, yeah, it was the Hoover boys video. I just couldnt remember if it was video or I read it someplace. Getting old and memory sucks. LOL.

You're thinking of a Hoover Boys vid. I saw it too. He seemed a bit perplexed as to why it wasn't working but pressed on. My MAX is going to be such a huge jump from my ACE 400 that I won't be shopping for coils for quite some time (plus my wife would kill me LOL)

Did he do factory reset when he changed coils? If not, he should have.

Back
Top Bottom