New Record - 10 hunts w/o silver!

Just trying to make ya feel better, for me, id have to document the silver days vs the non but that would be depressing so i dont lol

Just trying to make ya feel better, for me, id have to document the silver days vs the non but that would be depressing so i dont lol

Appreciate it. I've just got the low down detecting blues right now. [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats what those great hunts do...spoil us, i come back depressed more oftem than not due to no silvers. Being a silver hunter, anything less is a bummer.

Ground here is concrete, bout hurt my shoulder trying to dig past 3 inches yesterday!

Got silver plated button! Close but this isnt horseshoes or hand grenades..lol

TEN Hunts without a silver coin?? I go WAY more than that. Lots of us do. Finding one silver coin per year I consider ok.. Not good but just ok. They're hard to come by around here with so many guys running around with their machines. Also with work and such. Time is limited.

Glad you are able to get out and enjoy it. Silver is a bonus and Gold so much more so.

TEN Hunts without a silver coin?? I go WAY more than that. Lots of us do. Finding one silver coin per year I consider ok.. Not good but just ok. They're hard to come by around here with so many guys running around with their machines. Also with work and such. Time is limited.

Glad you are able to get out and enjoy it. Silver is a bonus and Gold so much more so.

Thanks MadTownScoop. Being semi-retired I MD a lot. Like anything else lack of success can be a bummer. Don't get me wrong, silver is not the only measure of success, but it is an indicator. There are fewer and fewer places, even private property, that have never been hunted. I'm having to expand my driving/time/costs exponentially to make good finds. Im just going to have to move closer to the treasure, but the New England and mid-west winters don't appeal to me, lol!

Thanks MadTownScoop. Being semi-retired I MD a lot. Like anything else lack of success can be a bummer. Don't get me wrong, silver is not the only measure of success, but it is an indicator. There are fewer and fewer places, even private property, that have never been hunted. I'm having to expand my driving/time/costs exponentially to make good finds. Im just going to have to move closer to the treasure, but the New England and mid-west winters don't appeal to me, lol!

Location matters, 90%of my best silvers came from kansas, an hour away...it is what it is...

Least we still get some fresh air n sun :)

Location matters, 90%of my best silvers came from kansas, an hour away...it is what it is...

Least we still get some fresh air n sun :)

I miss Kansas. Every place I hunted in central Kansas seemed like it had never been hunted. I found over 20 silvers at one small school out there. Gotta move to where the treasure is and where the diggers aren't! :yes::laughing:

Got skunked at my local park today...insult to injury.:no::(

Having to burn lots of gas to routinely find a few silver coins does not appeal to me. Im not retired and still have small children though. At this point Im content with hunting local farm fields in hopes of finding old sites or just hitting my local pounded public spots. I have done hardly any door knocking of all the history around me yet though

Rough bro. I've found silver (jewelry) in 4 of my last 5 hunts 😳 Best I've ever done 😂😂

Having to burn lots of gas to routinely find a few silver coins does not appeal to me. Im not retired and still have small children though. At this point Im content with hunting local farm fields in hopes of finding old sites or just hitting my local pounded public spots. I have done hardly any door knocking of all the history around me yet though

Thanks for the input.

Rough bro. I've found silver (jewelry) in 4 of my last 5 hunts [emoji15] Best I've ever done [emoji23][emoji23]

I noticed you started posting again. Looks like you've got a nice site! GL on continuing your silver streak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hunts. No silver.

BOOHOO! We go months without silvers. Wish I had your problem!!! :laughing:

Florida? When I lived there the silver was about 1 in 5 hunts for me. Tough place to dig with all us old dudes running around detecting, :lol:

I do good to mind three or four silver coins a year anymore. For me it would be ten hunts without finding a golf ball. It seems they practice everywhere I hunt. I found 38 at one school.

I do good to mind three or four silver coins a year anymore. For me it would be ten hunts without finding a golf ball. It seems they practice everywhere I hunt. I found 38 at one school.

Too funny! There are many golf courses around here, and I find golf balls so often, my kids expect one each when I get back from detecting...lol I don't find them EVERY hunt though, but your post cracked me up... I find golf balls everywhere, seems people even whack them off into the woods, they're everywhereeee.....lol

Too funny! There are many golf courses around here, and I find golf balls so often, my kids expect one each when I get back from detecting...lol I don't find them EVERY hunt though, but your post cracked me up... I find golf balls everywhere, seems people even whack them off into the woods, they're everywhereeee.....lol

It's not only golf balls. I have found baseballs, cricket balls, tennis balls and even a couple of basket balls. People don't seem to hunt for them after they go off into the weeds.

Back
Top Bottom