i think im a detector collector

edword

it started with a bounty hunter my dad had in his garage for 22 years. never even put batteries in it. I made the mistake of saying do you mind if I try it out. he of course said go ahead I will never use it. months after I was at a gun show and saw a brand new mxt for 600 bucks and went home with it. about 1 year later I saw a garrett at gold and had to have it for foul weather hunting. then all you guys started talking so highly of the tesoros and looked into them and just had to buy a vaquero form a dealer in citrus heights ca. atleast the bounty hunter got sold and my dad got the cash because he didn't want it. but now I have 3 detectors and 2 arms whats wrong with me. what company is next. I don't know but I did try a etrac at the store and I am glad I did because I have drooled over those since I got into metal detecting but holding it I realized I would never want to swing this thing for more than 5 min. its a tank you guys can have them. anyways I think I have a problem. take care

I have 9 machines. 2Ace 250s (my original machines), 3 ATPs, a Sovereign, eTrac, xTerra 705 and a Sand Shark. 3 scoops (2 stainless steel and 1 aluminum). 5 pinpointers, 4 diggers, 5 pair of Crocs knee pads, 4 pouches and numerous gloves. It's easy to go overboard when you love a sport this much.

But we're just lightweights compared to a friend of a friend. This man has been metal detecting for 40 years. He obviously is well off as I've seen pictures of just part of his collection of machines. It seems everytime a new machine is released he buys it. In fact he normally buys 3-5 of them. A bit obsessed, I guess.

I have 9 machines. 2Ace 250s (my original machines), 3 ATPs, a Sovereign, eTrac, xTerra 705 and a Sand Shark. 3 scoops (2 stainless steel and 1 aluminum). 5 pinpointers, 4 diggers, 5 pair of Crocs knee pads, 4 pouches and numerous gloves. It's easy to go overboard when you love a sport this much.

But we're just lightweights compared to a friend of a friend. This man has been metal detecting for 40 years. He obviously is well off as I've seen pictures of just part of his collection of machines. It seems everytime a new machine is released he buys it. In fact he normally buys 3-5 of them. A bit obsessed, I guess.

5 pinpointers? If I may ask, what for?

7 Here

2 old Bounty Hunters, F44, F75SE, MXT All Pro, AT Pro, Etrac....

and still wanting to add to the pile, Deus and CTX 3030, CZ3D...

Oh ya and I just bought a Mavic Pro drone for selecting sites from the air...

addicted? Yes :)

I have been detecting for around forty years. Over the years I have collected and hunt with a lot of vintage machines. Most still find coins. Along with a few newer ones, I found out that I have more than I thought I did. I have detectors from Bounty Hunter, Fisher, White, Teknetics, Tesoro, Garrett and one Minelab. I have an original Bounty Hunter Big Bud, two original Silver Sabres, A Fisher 1210 and an old M-Scope as well as a number of others. I won't go into the ones that I have had in the past because a lot of the manufacturers are no longer in business. While similar, no two detectors are alike. Each has its good points and bad points. I enjoy the challenge of using different ones. Here's a couple old ones including my oldest, the M-Scope.
Fisher1.gif 90002.JPG

i gotta say those are neat looking old detectors

I have never paid much attention to older ones but they look fun.

wow! silversmith45 a teknetics 9000

Thats awesome! That you actually have the tek 9000...
Man. Oh man.....i remember when those came out....i drooled over that machine for over two years...(seemed like that anyway) then the 8500"b" came out and i had to have one. i loved that huge thing!
Should a never sold it.......the faster you swung it....the deeper it went......but man was it HEAVY....i see your 9000 was set up for a hip mount....smart ......
Anyway......i wish i still had the machines i let go of or had stolen etc....
It ok....i can still become a collector too...... Can't I???lol...!
HH
Indiana Bones

Back
Top Bottom