So whats next? Spend or Keep?

I hang onto the silver, I spend the clad. I'm sure there is someone on the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission wondering where the heck all of these dirty brown coins are coming from.

My favorite thing to do is spend the really nasty ones in McDonalds, half of their employees are lost anyway, that just gives them something else to deal with. Sometimes I don't even clean all of the mud off just to watch their faces...LOL. :laughing:

:facepalm::jawdrop::lol::laughing:
Sounds fun......:yes:

Off to the park

Thanks everyone for all the replies! I think I'll keep the clad and save it up and store the valuables in coin sleeves.... I'm off to the local park again today which is loaded with targets. I'll be back with pictures of anything I find. Wish me luck!

Thanks everyone for all the replies! I think I'll keep the clad and save it up and store the valuables in coin sleeves.... I'm off to the local park again today which is loaded with targets. I'll be back with pictures of anything I find. Wish me luck!

Go get 'em! :pirates:

I need a pinpointer...

So I got about 10 or 15 coins, nothing amazing. I found my second pocket spill today. Two things I need to invest in are a pinpointer and a decent shovel. After thinking I got all the coins, I went over it again and kept getting a strong signal for a penny or dime. Kept saying it was two inches away with the pinpointer and so I dug out the 2 inches. I checked again and it still said two inches, so I dug the entire plug out another 2 inches, checked again and it still said two inches. Any advice?

Kept saying it was two inches away with the pinpointer and so I dug out the 2 inches. I checked again and it still said two inches, so I dug the entire plug out another 2 inches, checked again and it still said two inches. Any advice?

Next time raise your coil 8 inches off the ground and if you are still getting the strong signal then it is most likely a larger target buried deep. Like an aluminum can @ 8-10".

So I got about 10 or 15 coins, nothing amazing. I found my second pocket spill today. Two things I need to invest in are a pinpointer and a decent shovel. After thinking I got all the coins, I went over it again and kept getting a strong signal for a penny or dime. Kept saying it was two inches away with the pinpointer and so I dug out the 2 inches. I checked again and it still said two inches, so I dug the entire plug out another 2 inches, checked again and it still said two inches. Any advice?
Sometimes you just get false signals, could be mineralization.

I have a Ace 250. I love it! The only thing that is questionable with me is the pinpointer. I'll have a target, go over it with the pinpointer function, and it seems sometimes if I move over it I'll get no signal. In order to get it working again I will have to let go of the pinpointer button and press it again. I'm guessing it is just user error with me a newb and what not... Any suggestions?

I also have the ace 250. You need to watch "crackbadger" on YouTube. He has an instructional vid on it and show how the pinpoint mode needs to be in metal free soul before trying to pin point.

I save all non silver coins for future diggers and detectors

Proud to be a Texan!

coin popping

On youtube look up COIN POPPING by detecto. Helps get the coin out easier and without a shovel. Been using the technique for 5 years now.

Last edited:
I've amassed a huge pile of clad over 2 years. Haven't even cleaned any of it. There's got to be over $400.+ in quarters alone. I've hit the $100. in quarters at the gambling hut and i've got several times more than that. Plus all the dimes nickels and pennies. I kept all my silver coins, jewlery and gold.
Only ever sold 1 coin, a 1877 indian head penny to pay for my detector.

Back
Top Bottom