Soccer Fields Hunts Continue

diggin4clad

Elite Member
This past Sunday Sue and I hunted a group of four soccer fields that we've been hitting. This was our fourth trip there and in two hours we dug 57 clad coins with a face value of $10.12. This was our fourth trip there and in that time we've dug $45.32 in clad. A high percentage of the clad were quarters, 150 in all.

Attachments

• IMG_1133.JPG
    IMG_1133.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
If that were me, I'd simply skip all the penny/dime (and lower) signals, and just see how many quarters I could dig. Sure, kiss nickels and gold rings goodbye. But if the odds of older coins are slim there, and the jewelry ratio would be too punishing per-the-aluminum, then in some of those cases, where you ALREADY know it's just "bulk up on clad", then gee...... why even dig dimes and pennies ? :lol:

It's too bad we don't have $5 coins like they have in Japan for this venue of hunting. Doh ! :roll:

If that were me,

But....it's NOT you. I/we dig very little aluminum because when we hunt modern sites we notch out a lot of those mid range items where a lot of aluminum lives. Maybe when I'm in my 80's (not far off) I'll skip the nickels, pennies, and dimes and just dig the quarters. :lol:

But....it's NOT you. I/we dig very little aluminum because when we hunt modern sites we notch out a lot of those mid range items where a lot of aluminum lives. Maybe when I'm in my 80's (not far off) I'll skip the nickels, pennies, and dimes and just dig the quarters. [emoji38]

Those nickels, dimes and pennies spend too! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Cliff

this past sunday sue and i hunted a group of four soccer fields that we've been hitting. This was our fourth trip there and in two hours we dug 57 clad coins with a face value of $$10.12. This was our fourth trip there and in that time we've dug $45.32 in clad. A high percentage of the clad were quarters, 150 in all.

outstanding!

Another nice haul D4C. Congrats to you and the Mrs. It definitely adds up and if I remember you buy silver and gold with the proceeds. Whats that song say, Money for Nothing. What a hobby huh ? Good luck, Mark

Back
Top Bottom