Followed my new Deus with the Nox

Island Guy

So I’ve only had my new Deus a week and just using the basic program and trying to get familiar with what it’s telling me.
This morning it was raining pretty good and decided to use the Nox and go over the same little corner of the park I’ve been using the Deus in.
Wasn’t really surprised that I was hitting a lot of good signals I’d missed with the Deus.
This is not a criticism of the Deus. Just a good lesson on the need to keep working it!

I'm surprised, Deus has better separation than the equinox. You should be taking the deus to places you've already worked with the nox,and get what it missed.

So I’ve only had my new Deus a week and just using the basic program and trying to get familiar with what it’s telling me.
This morning it was raining pretty good and decided to use the Nox and go over the same little corner of the park I’ve been using the Deus in.
Wasn’t really surprised that I was hitting a lot of good signals I’d missed with the Deus.
This is not a criticism of the Deus. Just a good lesson on the need to keep working it!

I’m not surprised at all. The Basic program is just that. It won’t light up the ground like the Pitch, Deep and especially the Hot programs due to some of the Basic program’s default settings.

You are very wise to start slowly in Basic. Gary Blackwell just released a very interesting video on his YouTube channel gardansolyn called XP Deus Comparing Programs. Very informative.

Depending on your soil conditions, especially if it is moderate or highly mineralized, wet or very dry, and how much aluminum trash is present, the Equinox in its Multi SMF setting may be able to hit deeper targets that the Deus misses along with some poorly oriented, partially masked targets too.

The reverse is definitely true if there is lots of iron trash. The Deus will hit targets that the Equinox misses for sure.

Thanks. I just watched the video and it was very helpful. Gary’s Deus videos seem to dominate the subject. Does he work for XP?
I’m studying the manual together with the Andy Sabisch book.

Thanks. I just watched the video and it was very helpful. Gary’s Deus videos seem to dominate the subject. Does he work for XP?

Try this one thing. Stay in basic 1 and go to your settings and find audio response.. it's usually at 4, move it to 5 or 6...That will enhance your weak signal audio and make things much easier to hear good targets

Gary makes great videos. Most are for XP. I assume he gets something for making them.

Most of his videos are on European plowed fields in fairly thick iron. That is what the Deus was specifically designed for. It does well in plowed US fields and woodland sites too and for ghost towns along with a bit of gold prospecting which is why I have one. It was not specifically designed to deal with modern aluminum trash.......

Try this one thing. Stay in basic 1 and go to your settings and find audio response.. it's usually at 4, move it to 5 or 6...That will enhance your weak signal audio and make things much easier to hear good targets

Thanks! Have only been able to test this in my garden but certainly made a difference!
Appreciate all tips! Like learning a new language

I'm surprised, Deus has better separation than the equinox. You should be taking the deus to places you've already worked with the nox,and get what it missed.

Better separation?
Could be.
Would depend on target scenario.
Also which coil LF or HF is used with Deus.

Eqx with 11” coil may hit some targets Deus with 9” LF or 9” Hf won’t hit.
And vice versa.

Akin to say another VLF detector with 6” coil hitting target but Deus fails with 9” coil.

Even Deus can find stuff behind itself. Using 11” coil behind 9” coil. And I ain’t talking added depth of targets either necessarily. Could be shallower masking.
But the 11” see the nonferrous better. The way the coil is designed.

Better separation?
Could be.
Would depend on target scenario.
Also which coil LF or HF is used with Deus.

Eqx with 11” coil may hit some targets Deus with 9” LF or 9” Hf won’t hit.
And vice versa.

Glad to see the covid didn’t get you TN, your right tho, one might see somthing the other won’t. But in iron my moneys on the Deus

Glad to see the covid didn’t get you TN, your right tho, one might see somthing the other won’t. But in iron my moneys on the Deus

Think I had Covid way back in mid Jan 2020.
Before there were test.
Think I caught it off my wife who got it off her cousin who had came back Christmas 2019 off of cruise ship.

Whatever I had I had never ever had before. Pretty tight in my chest for around 24 hours. Never saw doctor.
Did take wife to doctor ER She was diagnosed with upper respiratory infection.
Doc later on primary care doc threatened to hospitalize her. Her fever broke 48 hours after primary care doc visit. She’s diabetic. It was harder on her for sure.

I got vaccinated.

Covid has got quite a few around here. Lot in their 50s. They wouldn’t get a shot. Too bad.

Have a nice evening Woody.

I've hunted behind a Deus that has an X35 11" coil on it that has beat a site to death. Pure old iron site. I found 2 barber dimes and a super nice two piece CW button with the Equinox 800 and 11" coil. All the stuff I found was 6" or deeper. Same guy with the Deus hit one of my pure iron sites that I have wore out with the Equinox and managed 2 flat buttons. Got to give the Deus credit there cause I'd been over every inch of it from every direction possible in Park2.

Obviously there are targets the Deus sees, but the Equinox doesn't and vice versa. I bought a Deus, but I am struggling with it. To me the learning curve is steeper with the Deus than it is with the Equinox. I feel lost myself! I don't have many hours on it yet, so time will tell if I can ever jell with it.

I’ve found stuff behind every detector I own with every detector I own. Too many variables that effect whether or not you hear any particular target on a given day. Angle of approach, ground moisture, EMI, sweep speed, settings, how you were holding your mouth, etc. The only real comparison IMHO would be putting the detectors head to head on the same target, on the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve found stuff behind every detector I own with every detector I own. Too many variables that effect whether or not you hear any particular target on a given day. Angle of approach, ground moisture, EMI, sweep speed, settings, how you were holding your mouth, etc. The only real comparison IMHO would be putting the detectors head to head on the same target, on the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt about it. If you’re hunting a 5 acre park, a 1/4 acre lot or a 30 acre fairground…if you miss a FOUR INCH CIRCLE….you’ve missed a deeper coin. If you come in at a different angle in trash…you missed a coin no matter the depth. That’s why it’s incredibly difficult to speak in terms of the absolute on this subject…the variables grab you by the neck every time.

No doubt about it. If you’re hunting a 5 acre park, a 1/4 acre lot or a 30 acre fairground…if you miss a FOUR INCH CIRCLE….you’ve missed a deeper coin. If you come in at a different angle in trash…you missed a coin no matter the depth. That’s why it’s incredibly difficult to speak in terms of the absolute on this subject…the variables grab you by the neck every time.

💯%. The variables are amazing really. I can grid a 20'x20' slope on a beach that is loaded with coins , some trash and jewelry tic-tac-toe style. Digging everything to clear out for deeper targets. I look at it and say I got EVERYTHING. Then I will go back at 45°angles and truly see what was missed. Shocking ! Target orientation and the angle approach from the coil can pick up signals you never thought would happen from the standard grid pattern.

EXACTLY...really easy to miss some spots especially in larger areas swinging around obstacles and hitting targets from different angles in trash does make a difference in masking!

Back
Top Bottom