best kneepads

Yep - I purchased mine at Home Depot. They are thick foam with a tough outer fabric. Stay clear of the shell type - they seem to dig in some when it moves around. Just my opinion......

GL & HH

I have some that are a hard shell outside and gel inside. Would have liked to get harder rubber on the outside instead of plastic shell. Almost like shoe sole material would be best. IMO

I've got a few

I have about 4 pairs and the cheap foam ones I got at walmart I like about the best, they have a soft cushion for my caps. I have some with plastic hard shell and they move and the foam mashed up inside so went cheap this time and was amazed how soft these were. I chainsawed my left knee when I was 27 and have no padding (petila gone) so I need comfort.:grin:

I started this hobby without them, but I eventually went and bought me pair from Home Depot....I won't dig without them now...any protection is better than none...

HDD

Waterproof pads and mesh bag from Lowes, smooth surface & super easy cleaning.

Just wish they were gel.

I use the cheap foam ones from Lowes, work just fine. My biggest issue is after squatting up and down for a few hours, the elastic straps can really dig into the backs of my knees. I've tried crossing the straps, straight across, always the same. Thinking about the britches with build in pockets for the pads, that might be the way to go!!

Home depot I spent about.$ 25-30 but money well spent. Also have gel liner, They are Mcguire-Nicholas here is pic.

Attachments

• 2015-01-29 09.00.56.jpg
    2015-01-29 09.00.56.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 570
Forget the Knee Pads

Mike, do yourself a favor. Go to Duluth Trading Company. Get a pair of their "fire house work pants". There's different models, get the pair with the built in knee pad pockets, get their knee pads for them. They wear like iron, have oodles of great cargo type pockets and the knee pads have NO straps that cause so much discomfort. When you wash the pants, you pull the pads out and replace when they're dry. I've used the same pair for years, detecting, fossil hunting and so on. Extremely comfortable and totally functional. I also recommend their heavy duty suspenders. Two clips, one on each side. Bending up and down, up and down all day, they pay dividends. Put a pair of fleece long john pants under them and you'll never even feel the cold.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/store...nts-18107.aspx?kw=undefined&processor=content

I cant stand to wear knee pads so I carry a gardening kneeling pad with me while I am hunting. I love it and you can carry it or easily hook it on your belt if you choose. I got mine at WalMart and they are very inexpensive.
Sorry for the dirt. I haven't cleaned it since my last hunt and it was really muddy.

Mike, do yourself a favor. Go to Duluth Trading Company. Get a pair of their "fire house work pants". There's different models, get the pair with the built in knee pad pockets, get their knee pads for them. They wear like iron, have oodles of great cargo type pockets and the knee pads have NO straps that cause so much discomfort. When you wash the pants, you pull the pads out and replace when they're dry. I've used the same pair for years, detecting, fossil hunting and so on. Extremely comfortable and totally functional. I also recommend their heavy duty suspenders. Two clips, one on each side. Bending up and down, up and down all day, they pay dividends. Put a pair of fleece long john pants under them and you'll never even feel the cold.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/store...nts-18107.aspx?kw=undefined&processor=content

Hey John, those are awesome. I just ordered me a pair! Thanks for the info.

I prefer the single strap More comfortable for me . I may try that garden pad next Thanks pescadore
HH

I use the cheap foam ones from Lowes, work just fine. My biggest issue is after squatting up and down for a few hours, the elastic straps can really dig into the backs of my knees. I've tried crossing the straps, straight across, always the same. Thinking about the britches with build in pockets for the pads, that might be the way to go!!
This is the one thing I hate about my pads. I had a set from Home Depot that worked great other than the straps. They'd become so irritating it'd kill the enjoyment. Got a new set when those wore out (straps broke). Same issue. irritation at the back of the knee.

I saw the commercial for these. I really want a pair, but damn, they're three times more expensive than my Wranglers, lol!
I suppose the fact that they should last a LOT longer makes it a smart purchase.
Also, right now there's a clearance on the blue ones... $49.99...

Yeah, that's the pair I picked up. Not so hot on the color, but wanted to save a couple of bucks, so I'll live with it.

Thanks I did order

I got the blue pair as well.

Back
Top Bottom