Gettysburg Breast Plate 2017

Your breast plate looks like it was made by the same company that my latest one is. When I started civil war relic hunting my first civil war relic was a US belt plate lol. I wanted a bullet so badly. Now I've realized that plates are special. Not many are left. Great find buddy. Mine is posted in the war relic forum. HH

Your breast plate looks like it was made by the same company that my latest one is. When I started civil war relic hunting my first civil war relic was a US belt plate lol. I wanted a bullet so badly. Now I've realized that plates are special. Not many are left. Great find buddy. Mine is posted in the war relic forum. HH

Thanks!! I couldn’t find any info on the back of It. Pretty worn, maybe didn’t have anything. How can you tell by looking at this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!! I couldn’t find any info on the back of It. Pretty worn, maybe didn’t have anything. How can you tell by looking at this one?

Just by comparison. Mine doesn't have anything on the back either. Some of them had makers names stamped on the back. I've dug five & they're all different. None of the ones I've dug have it. Look at the feathers on the wings. The feathers are almost like little circles at the top of the left wing. I posted mine on the war relic forum. There's a close up of it. Check it out & let me know if it's close. That's a very nice find by the way. HH

Great find! I may go back to the U.S. soon. There is so much left to find here but I miss U.S. coins and stuff.

I’ve been locked out of here for awhile but now I’m back for good!

This was NO DOUBT my best find of 2017 and probably the best of my life so far.

Found this Union breast plate just outside of Gettysburg this past August on a 4 day trip I took from New Hampshire. What makes it even better is that It is my first and only Civil War relic, still yet to find my first CW bullet. Still can’t believe It!

eaee22856db5bbf37f37588b3d007866.jpg

fdaa8237619c611fa74e8c430bc8bb0d.jpg
d51da771c15d2f82c9b062122ef68d21.jpg

Just received my jan/feb issue of American Digger Magazine and saw that your find and picture was published. Cool!

Just received my jan/feb issue of American Digger Magazine and saw that your find and picture was published. Cool!

No way!! I submitted It but thought i got notified if they published it. Can you send me a picture of it!!

No way!! I submitted It but thought i got notified if they published it. Can you send me a picture of it!!

Here you go. :grin:

Attachments

• 20180119_201239_resized.jpg
    20180119_201239_resized.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 20180119_201310_resized.jpg
    20180119_201310_resized.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom