giant hole mystery

Had to be a tester of the new Fisher "AQ" Manta....:digginahole:

Pranks like that can lead to a banning of detecting on a beach.

Local beach town is looking to pass a law prohibiting any digging on the beach due to the craters that people dig and leave open. County park now has a rule prohibiting and digging on the beach adjacent to the park.

Yes we that detect get blamed for what others do.

Building sand castles, making holes has been a tradition on a beach since I was a little kid in the early 1960's.

Problem is all the slimy no basis lawsuits that keep popping up. WE watched where we went on beaches. Now everyone has their eyes on a phone or somewhere else and nothing is their fault.

They took all the swim platforms off lakes, all the diving boards off lakes because people are not responsible for their own actions anymore. Sad really.

I do agree though that this hole is somewhat excessive.

Sorry guys, I'm new to the hobby and read the instructions wrong. Thought my device detected metal when it was NOT beeping so I just kept going and going. Found a crab and ran away screaming!

Local beach town is looking to pass a law prohibiting any digging on the beach due to the craters that people dig and leave open. County park now has a rule prohibiting and digging on the beach adjacent to the park.

Don't worry... Tom will help you find away around the town banning you from digging and you can take that to the bank :laughing:

If that was kids without adults around......... that could have been life taking if that sand collapsed while they were digging. Sooooo how did they determine it was someone from OUT OF TOWN? We blame the snow birds for trash on the beach...... but when they go away....... oddly there is still trash on the beach.

Alright, 'fess up... who did this? ....

Here's your answer:

Building sand castles, making holes has been a tradition on a beach since I was a little kid in the early 1960's.....

As you can see: It's clearly scuba-detector's fault. :laughing:

But seriously now : The link has only-to-do with college frat kids that dig giant craters for bonfires or whatever. It has nothing to do with md'rs holes.

But here's the fastest way to get it applied to us: Everyone pick up the phone, and send emails, seeking clarification asking if md'rs can "dig holes", in-lieu of that link. Then sure-as-heck, we can all find some bureaucrat to say it applies to us. And then we can all sit around and lament our lack of freedoms.

Kids dig and leave craters all over the beach.

I always fill my holes don't want any laws here in CT banning detecting

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I always fill my holes don't want any laws here in CT banning detecting ....

I'll bet you dollars to donuts, that the type "holes" that led to the OP's link, had nothing-at-all to do with md'ing type/size of holes. Whether or not covered (although .... sure .... cover your holes). Yet our type "holes" is not at all what is in the link. It's about college kids type groups that go out there and dig a big hole. For things like beach bonfires. Nothing at all to do with md'ing size holes.

Hey gang, here's a related true story : There were some little kids in So. CA long ago , on the beach. Making "sand forts" and sand-tunnels. Tragically, a "cave" that the kids were burrowing, collapsed on a kid. The kid suffocated and died. So the small-beach-side town made a rule/law for their little muni beach section : "No digging". It was strictly a response to the tragic death of the kid.

Fast forward to some md'r, who was going to detect that beach, was studying the muni codes. And found this rule/law of "no digging on the beach". And lamented that ... therefore .... this would disallow md'ing. And had made a post saying that "such & such beach in So. CA was off-limits to md'ing".

Others chimed in saying they detect there all the time. And this was news to them. Ie.: Obviously not a problem, and not applied to our md'r type "holes". It was obviously meant to address this other problem.

So too is it with the OP's link here : You can fret yourself silly, and go seek "clarification", and find someone to say "it applies". Yet reality often is: No one cared till you go swatting hornet's nests.

Could this be it?
IMG_0732.jpg

Back
Top Bottom