Hello..New to the Forum

Soobman25

Hey guys and gals..just ordered an ACE 350 should be arriving later this week and i'm trying to hit the ground running..I've done a lot of homework and I've come to the sad conclusion that anywhere there has been a war in the past 200 years is completely off limits..I'm coming out of Washington CO. MD. would love to hear about any successful hunts in or around my area and if anybody would like to recommend any good spots off hand, that would be great. it's good to be here..thanks, Craig

Welcome to the forum Craig. There are alot of places to hunt. Parks schools,play grounds old homes, bus stops, ranches, and the list goes on.. Do your homework before your detector arrives and be ready. always seek permission and above all always fill those holes. We like pictures, so don't forget to post those HH

Thanks for all the hospitality guys...if I have any luck i'll be post'n some pictures on here this time next week!

Welcome to the Forums Neighbor ! Yep here in Maryland DNR has a lock on pretty much anything remotely Civil war or War of 1812, best you can hope for is doing your homework and finding something they missed that has not been developed over. Good luck and HH !

Yea you got that right..there are some spots along the monocacy river in Frederick Md. that look great..tried looking at property lines to see where the battlefield ended then go from there..also, Michaux state park in PA. is just west of Gettysburg and that is one of the few state parks that permit metal detecting..it's beautiful up there too..ill be hitin that in the this spring.

just registered as a new member. dont own a detector yet will follow this forum for the next few weeks before i purchase. hope i can learn a bunch here.

Hello from Upstate NY. Used to live in Frederick. Lots of Civil War near you. We had better luck with getting permission around Winchester, VA than around Antietum or Harpers Ferry. Private land is the ticket.

Back
Top Bottom