Is it worth hunting on a rocky beach?

I metal detect EVERYWHERE I can and then some. Because there are so many detectorists out there; if you want to find something (read - GOLD), you really need to think outside the sandbox and if rocks scare MDers away than that is the place I want to detect. Ohh rocks, they might bend my scoop. GO FOR IT!!! You have no idea what the place looked like 50 or 100 years ago or how popular it might have been at one time.

Btw, I'm a big rock hunter and have the broken Stealth 920s, broken RTG all aluminum sand scoops and lots of gold to prove it.

Gold - 21
Silver - 33

I know of a beach and what it was like 50 years ago. Because I was there. Lots of rocks , but more sand then...and people. 100 years ago , it has some history. But not the people. Today , there is severe erosion and loaded with fist sized and slightly larger rocks. There is old stuff there , including gold. But this beach has a slight slope and always some surf. The problem is these rocks keep crashing into your ankles and after 20 minutes I'm beat up. Maybe I got to use some kind of soccer shin guards or something. I've hunted rocks plenty of times before , I just have to re-think it all.

I metal detect EVERYWHERE I can and then some. Because there are so many detectorists out there; if you want to find something (read - GOLD), you really need to think outside the sandbox and if rocks scare MDers away than that is the place I want to detect. Ohh rocks, they might bend my scoop. GO FOR IT!!! You have no idea what the place looked like 50 or 100 years ago or how popular it might have been at one time.

Btw, I'm a big rock hunter and have the broken Stealth 920s, broken RTG all aluminum sand scoops and lots of gold to prove it.

Gold - 21
Silver - 33

I got you beat... I tore my meniscus and strained my MCL ligaments trying to get the cobbles and rocks back onto the holes :lol: 26 weeks of physical therapy... Captain Silver worked for me back then.. Ihad to use a cane to climb onto my mower on my trailer :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom