Relic recoverist...

That is exactly how I interpreted what I have seen going on with Relic Recoverist. Matter of fact, I like the more recent videos of her as she sounds a little different, somewhat less annoying, and she ditched that purple hair routine. She has a website and sells detectors, as you noted, so it only makes sense that she will use what she sells, and does so to also make sure she understands how they work. I haven't caught her making a bold statement of a detector model preference one way or the other.

Monte

She and her partner have been into antiques and collectibles for years. Her partner is avid relic hunters......and concentrating on buying antiques and collectibles. She loves thrifting. Her hair changes all the time. She has another YouTube account. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF2VLGZZ373M51ghFx7hKjw also https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKK9kkD434lwG7JnsmCGrkQ

Equinox is not the best detector ever made. It has plenty of warts that only a newer unreleased model Equinox can fix. There is no such thing as the best detector ever made and I don't remember reading anything in metaladdict's post that implied or said it was........... I haven't found one detector that is absolutely the best at every kind of detecting. That is where the Equinox comes fairly close or at least as close as I have seen so far.

For me, the best ever detector won't happen until someone makes an affordable VLF selectable single frequency, simultaneous multi frequency and pulse induction detector with iron discrimination in the same detector housing that weighs less than 4 pounds, has wireless, is fully waterproof, has accurate target IDs all the way to the extent of its depth of detection and has plenty of recovery speed...................maybe that will happen before I have to hang up my headphones for the last time.

Relic Recoverist had a long break from detecting according to her Facebook page. Maybe it was Covid 19.........She wanted to become a dealer and to learn a new detector. That is all I have been able to find out. She does have a website where she sells detecting products. She sells the full Garrett line of products and also sells the Minelab Go Find, Vanquish and Equinox Series of detectors. Maybe she wanted to learn more about the detectors she sells. She is selling detectors from two of the best detector manufacturers in the world. I would buy a detector from her if I didn't already have too many.

Sounds like that's probably the explanation.

I wonder how Garrett feels about that.

When I first started looking into detectors in the 2010s, the only brands I was considering were Fisher and Garrett, with Garrett well ahead of Fisher. I knew of White's and Tesoro, but never seriously considered them, especially Tesoro with their 9V battery machines. It was 2011 or so and they were using 9V batteries, really? Even smoke detecting companies were moving away from 9V batteries at that time!

Tesoro boxes were lined with shag carpet and crushed velvet trim. :laughing:

Anybody know what happened and why she has not done a detecting video in awhile? She is still regularly doing thrift videos? I miss seeing her giddiness whether real or fake.

Anybody know what happened and why she has not done a detecting video in awhile? She is still regularly doing thrift videos? I miss seeing her giddiness whether real or fake.

Looks like she did last video about a month ago. At least she’s using the right detector now it seems.
Notice how deep (shallow) she digs before she sticks pinpointer in hole. Very telling. To me.
She better start digging deeper.

Btw Tip for new EQX users.
After you dig your hole.
Good idea if you don’t get a nonferrous signal in the hole or dirt pile, push horseshoe button. Many times your nonferrous find will sound off only when horsehoe button is engaged. But the catch is your nonferrous target may only yield iron tone.
New users imo will find this tip extremely useful and very time saving.
And it just might keep one from leaving a nice find behind too.
You never know.

Cheers.
Happy Noxing.

Ok, people can think whatever they want. I enjoy all my detectors.

Well said! One of the things that shocked me when I first joined this forum and the hobby in general is the amount of brand loyalism there is. There are some people who seem to go out of their way to bash the machines they are not using when it's completely off topic they just take every little pot shot they can and it's damned rude. There also seems to be an extreme need to feel they are swinging the absolute best and they will argue until hell freezes over to justify their choice.

Others have legit beefs with certain brands or machines because they had a bad experience. That understandable. And there's nothing wrong with giving your opinion or debating pros and cons if it's in an appropriate context but some just can't keep their britches on. The bottom line is everyone is free to make their choice based on what fits their situation the best and we as community should respect that choice and each other's opinions and not argue like little kids. This is supposed to be the Friendly Metal Detecting Forum. Let's keep it that way.

Ok I'm off my soapbox.

Guess one could go out and buy every model. Run and see which one they think is best for them. Only cost one around $30k-50k though, maybe more.

I experiment with detector models, and test them too, and use.
I have my opinion just like others here and elsewhere.
I think it is fair to say, most detector manufacturers actually knows where their units stack up against the competition (new releases) not included.
One can bet when a new release hits the market especially on the mid to higher priced. All manufactures get one and put it through the paces. Be dumb not to, right?

Do I live in the best house?
Nope.
What qualifies a best home anyways?
One that keep one dry and warm ?
Or one with a gold toilet in ?

Guess what I am saying.
Some folks may never be able to afford the best of everything.
I can’t.
Maybe Oprah, Bezos, and Gates can.

But just maybe if folks give honest opinions on their detecting experiences with their equipment, one day a person less fortunate might just can afford a better unit or pick up a used unit reasonably priced.

So if we talk about all detector models wearing rose colored glasses. These less fortunate wouldn’t even know what to buy or be on the lookout for. If opportunity presented itself.

Lot of marketing lingo said about detectors. Some obviously more true (or less false) than others.

And detector performance in iron is a bit rigged by some makers with narrower coils. So person watching YouTube videos could be mislead. As it is possible to have the better of both worlds- separation/unmasking and depth with just one coil.

Yeah I wish I coulda run 2 coils at once, be nice wouldn’t it?

I’ll detect with anyone. They can bring any model they want.
I hunted with a friend year before last.
He had a cheap quest.
I was running Eqx I think.
He made the find of the day with the cheaper quest.
I used it some. Not a bad detector at all for the $$$.
Hard site to hunt too.
Modern trash galore.
Saw an F5 fisher user put a whooping (more than once) on a high dollar White’s user too. White’s user not happy camper either.

Good to see some of these YouTubers folks who seemed were tied to one brand get into other brands. About time.

I own or have owned.
XP units 3 each complete units, Plus 3 additional coils.
Garretts 2 each.
Mine-labs 6 each
White’s 2 each
Tarsacci 2 each
Blisstool 1 each
Rutus . 1 each
Makro-Nokta. 4 each
Fisher 2 each
4 pin pointers.
May have forgot one or 2.

I’ll bet Woodbutcher has me beat by a long shot.

And last but certainly not least.
I can’t speak for all detector manufacturers obviously.
But when folks use detectors and criticize. This info can be used by an actual detector manufacturer and before you know it a better product comes to bear. So keep the criticism coming with equipment. Some makers are reading and taking notes. And just think the company’ product you are criticizing, they may take action. Or even another competing company make take action, by seeing a shortfall with their competition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom