Curb strip tree roots?

Hey, if you didn't find out what it was it would likely have kept you wondering, and at least a "brass plated property marker" is better than if it was just trash or a Zincoln !

Roots have never stopped me. Gotta dig and pry and cut and you'll get it out. Sucks when it's a clad dime or something but feels even more rewarding to see something shiny.

Or...start in the curb strip across the street, tunnel across below the street and snatch that thing from underneath!

Dig next to it and tunnel in from the side...

<°)))>{

Same. Path of least resistance. Often it's easier to just go to the other side of the root and go under. Before cutting any tree root I consider its diameter, how close it is to the trunk of the tree, whether the tree already appears to be stressed, etc... Generally I'm not cutting anything larger than a finger, or what I can easily cut with the small pruning sheers.

I admit to (shamefully) giving up on similar situations. Usually I've been hunting a couple hours already and at a school or park. And here in CT if not thick roots but I swear we have the corner on grapefruit sized rocks, and larger! I've recovered coins by digging alongside a large rock all the time following it with the pin pointer. Last couple times that happened it was a copper penny. At least a coin?!! Arthritis just loves these situations. The pain for a penny crowd we be...

Christmas day is a great day to do curb strips. No shoppers, Absolutelh no one paying attention. i spent 20 minutes getting a 41 merc from under a six inch root with smaller roots also in the way But I Got that rascal. If I thought there was a half there I would spend all day if necessary.

Holidays are my favorite days to hunt, Nobody out, city and park workers are home. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom