EROSION eats car, closes parking lot, too deep for my scoop

K-in-TN, aside from the "locker-room" talk, you will see that what I am MOST HARPING ON, is the ORIGIN of such laws. And I am convinced that most of them, got on the plate-of-thought by powers-that-be, d/t skittish md'rs waltzing in and swatting hornet's nests. Thus rules/laws born "to address the pressing issue" on their plate.

So I can see how you would see how the notion of "not asking" (and , instead, looking-it-up for oneself), might SEEM like promoting lawlessness. And yes, I confess to locker room talk BTW.

But you will also see that I have repeatedly said that, once a law exists, then .... by all means, obey the laws. But am just trying to point out that it is often we md'rs ourselves, that brought these upon ourselves. And encouraging people to look up the laws/rules for themselves, be-low-profile (so as not to elicit busy-body lookie-lous), etc.... That is not the same as encouraging people to break laws. It's more along the lines of encouraging people to look up for themselves. And to recognize how those laws, that they lament, got started in the first place.

(but yes, I confess to locker room talk on occasion).

I may have an answer for you on when the law was enacted but I might wrong as well...

When I was young people were allowed on these beaches they used to give dune buggy rides for the tourists which I was one of... then they stopped allowing as it was destroying bird habitat as well as the dunes... water Walker might be able to verify this or not.

I wonder if it’s against the law to build a sandcastle with a pail and shovel? What if a person accidentally finds an object? Antiquities and all, that wheat penny could be a real problem!

I may have an answer for you on when the law was enacted but I might wrong as well...

When I was young people were allowed on these beaches they used to give dune buggy rides for the tourists which I was one of... then they stopped allowing as it was destroying bird habitat as well as the dunes... water Walker might be able to verify this or not.

How true, 60 years ago I rode the dune buggies also. But that was before the National Seashore was created by the pen stroke of JFK. Today they even rope off the nesting areas, close TOWN beaches for the nesting birds also. BUT...we are very fortunate with so much of the beaches open to us with few regulations. There are still laws on the books for finding an object --- including live stock. The owner may come and claim the animal but must pay the "finder" for food and boarding for the return of his animal. I have not heard of that being enforced for finding cats and dogs.

I wonder if it’s against the law to build a sandcastle with a pail and shovel? What if a person accidentally finds an object? Antiquities and all, that wheat penny could be a real problem!

Good point. What if you (gasp) accidentally found something ?

I know that you are now racked with guilt. But not to worry. Simply send me all your old cool antiquities. I will get them to the appropriate channels, and absolve your conscience of all guilt.

Let's start with that seated half you found recently, ok ? :cool3:

Tom your dislike of those laws is apparent. And we are ALL painfully aware of that fact. But do you have to constantly go on and on and on and on about your dislike. It does get frustrating to see your anti what ever posts all the time.

Tom your dislike of those laws is apparent....

Well... gee ... we ALL "dislike " those laws. Don't we ? :?:

The "on & on" isn't so much about the "laws". More-so : It is about: " What led to those laws ... in the first place ?" :?:

At JFK's time, I'm sure there was cultural heritage laws. Heck, the first version of ARPA was the "Antiquities Act", in 1906. And I think we can both agree that metal detectors were not in view in 1906, nor in JFK's time.

At some time, since those dates, metal detectors got added to the list of things which fell afoul of them.

Tom... does it really matter why? No one can hunt it with a metal detector... there are so many other places on the Cape one can hunt...

Tom... does it really matter why? No one can hunt it with a metal detector......

No, it "doesn't matter" in the sense that .... it's currently present, and isn't going to change.

But it does "matter", for us md'rs to wake-up and nip-such-junk from perpetually coming up in the future.

No, it "doesn't matter" in the sense that .... it's currently present, and isn't going to change.

But it does "matter", for us md'rs to wake-up and nip-such-junk from perpetually coming up in the future.

Its not going to happen Tom... many of the beaches I can hunt as soon as the life guards show its time to go...

Don't you get it? Beaches were not made for our pleasure it was made for swimmers and such...

We are low man on the totem pole.

Back
Top Bottom