Not so Friendly ?

What do you mean by down here?
Step up to the plate. You threw out an invite to hunt. Put up or shut up. My TDI beachhunter will blow that toy of yours away.

You best go back to your " Ed the beachhunter videos ". You might learn something.

Ed the beach hunter videos? Everyone knows the monkey is a total fraud. .
Fraud? You mean he didn't find that civil war era safe filled with gold coins (tossed on the table like they were scrap), Confederate money(skimmed through it like a pack of cards) and guns (treated like junk)? And here I thought he was legit

There is a reason I don't have a lot of posts on here and all of the time I've been a member of all these forms. I don't remember the last time I showed pics of a find maybe last year I think I should a couple of pics but other than that maybe two times in the last 5 to 7 years. there are so many people getting into the hobby because of all of the Facebook posts and the form post and all of this bragging on what they find I really honestly don't understand why people have to brag everyday about finding things and people do research they find out where you're located there's even apps that you can download on your phone to find out where the picture was taken so everyone be careful out there because there are people watching you. And if you notice you can't say or think about anything without Google or Facebook throwing up an ad of what you were just thinking about or doing or talking about so yes we're being watched lol

I got a call last night from the young lady that i sent her lost class ring back on Monday. She called again to thank me and explain it was almost a year to date it was lost. She then asked me about getting into the hobby and i gave her all the info she needed. So you guys in RI need to move over for one more...... your are welcome.:laughing:

I got a call last night from the young lady that i sent her lost class ring back on Monday. She called again to thank me and explain it was almost a year to date it was lost. She then asked me about getting into the hobby and i gave her all the info she needed. So you guys in RI need to move over for one more...... your are welcome.:laughing:
Yeah i send them all to Cali. We don't find much in Florida:laughing:

There is a reason I don't have a lot of posts on here and all of the time I've been a member of all these forms. I don't remember the last time I showed pics of a find maybe last year I think I should a couple of pics but other than that maybe two times in the last 5 to 7 years. there are so many people getting into the hobby because of all of the Facebook posts and the form post and all of this bragging on what they find I really honestly don't understand why people have to brag everyday about finding things and people do research they find out where you're located there's even apps that you can download on your phone to find out where the picture was taken so everyone be careful out there because there are people watching you. And if you notice you can't say or think about anything without Google or Facebook throwing up an ad of what you were just thinking about or doing or talking about so yes we're being watched lol

I agree with you 100%. There have been a few times when I have talked about something unusual about in a room with my phone on the table. Noticed a light that would occasionally blink a few times. Pickup my phone and no notifications. Then shortly afterwards, I get a pop up or something that I was talking about. YOUR PHONES ARE LISTENING TO YOU !

Ed the beach hunter videos? Everyone knows the monkey is a total fraud.

Now, about being my buddy and hunting together. When is that going to happen? You suggested it, but as usual you avoid the question. You claim it’s hot down there, yet you didn’t say where we were going to hunt. Step up or shut up.

I'm near Miami. Where are you ? Post your phone # here and I will call you.

That's pretty much what I say. Or "not much ". But these 2 friends just blab away. .

Welcome to the brave new world of social media. You didn't do anything wrong this is just the way one heck of a lot of people are nowadays. They can't help themselves and it's getting worse.

I read once an old retired private detective said "It used to take me 2 thousand dollars and a month of work to find out what people freely post on facebook for anybody to read today."

"Loose lips sink ships" is all but forgotten in the endless competition to get a like on social media, or to be a instagram/youtube star for 10 seconds.

You may want to go back to what worked best for you.

Welcome to the brave new world of social media. You didn't do anything wrong this is just the way one heck of a lot of people are nowadays. They can't help themselves and it's getting worse.

I read once an old retired private detective said "It used to take me 2 thousand dollars and a month of work to find out what people freely post on facebook for anybody to read today."

"Loose lips sink ships" is all but forgotten in the endless competition to get a like on social media, or to be a instagram/youtube star for 10 seconds.

You may want to go back to what worked best for you.

Thanks Irons. I'm getting some good answers here. Sometimes in life , being nice doesn't pay off. It is what it is. Just gonna go back to what I was doing before : solo hunts.

.......there are so many people getting into the hobby because of all of the Facebook posts and the form post and all of this bragging on what they find I really honestly don't understand why people have to brag everyday about finding things.......

I don't think most of it is bragging. I look at other people's posts and they're excited and proud about what they found. Good for them, I say. If they take the time to write a little about their hunt, then I might even learn something.

I could do without the posts and hunt write ups that are basically:
"OMG!!!LOOK WHAT I FOUND!! MEGA COIN SPILL! AMAZING!!!" You're not going to be a Youtube star, so please calm down maybe take a break from Youtube/Ebay/Advertising clickbait.

My neighbor was always bringing fish home and was happy to share his catch, but he wouldn't give up his fishing spot. Shortly before he went to the nursing home he finally gave up his spot. After checking no one was within hearing distance he told me, "Stockton Lake". Really Bob, all 40 square miles of it?
I often share my finds and what park they came from on a local facebook detecting site, but I don't share private permissions out of respect to the property owner.

My favorite author was Karl Von Mueller (yeah, I'm an old goat)! His recurring theme was to keep your mind open and your mouth shut. He had numerous stories to back him up.

There are nuances in such types of hobbies as fishing, hunting, search with md ....
if you want to enjoy it yourself and for many years ... then use the wisdom of the proverb "... they know less - sleep better" (c) :p

I guess I really don't care. I post all my adventures and all my finds. I feel there is enough to go around for everybody. If another wants to do what I do, more power to him. Not as easy as it looks.

And I for one have made mistakes. I posted on here where I found over a grand in silver coins and over 7 grand in gold rings. I was inviting DIVERS. I didn't think about the waders that told me about the spot. It was an honest mistake but one that is unforgivable in the pirate world which I accept.

We all live and learn. I have spots that I won't divulge to anyone but I do have a friend I have told most of my spots to. Not that big of deal to me. People are more important than money. That is my take on things.

We only have one life. Live it the way you feel is right and enjoy what you have.

I have 2 friends , Male and female. Both whom I have introduced into this hobby within the last year.
I hunt with each separately. Have taught each many of my tips , secrets , etc.

Out of curiosity, did you teach them to fill in their holes?

I don't think most of it is bragging. I look at other people's posts and they're excited and proud about what they found. Good for them, I say. If they take the time to write a little about their hunt, then I might even learn something.....

I guess I really don't care. I post all my adventures and all my finds. I feel there is enough to go around for everybody. .....

Hey guys, 90% of the fun of md'ing, is the show & tell and camaraderie with buddies. And on forums, reading about each other's trophies , to share vicariously with them, is most of the fun. Nothing at all wrong with that, nor "risky" that someone's gonna back-stab and claim jump you. So long as you're not reckless and posting exact GPS's of lucrative sites.

Back
Top Bottom