So.Cal Horrible Hunt

If I can post a "Dream Hunt" , I can post a "Horrible Hunt" !
So last night I decide to do a recon , scouting hunt as the surf is up a bit and the tides are going to be in our favor over the next few days. I hit 7 different beaches over 6 hours. Hunting primarily the wet and a bit of dry sand. The sanded in conditions were deplorable. My totals were $1.86 in clad , 1 aluminum ring and 1 gold plated pendant. Not even pic post worthy. Very few targets or trash. I will be trying different counties for sure , but my guess from the reports and cams it will be the same. I will keep swinging away somewhere , hopefully I get lucky as do others. Weather was perfect and got some exercise so life is good ! GL out there...

This is exactly why I avoid beach hunting period, too much ground work to keep an eye on the tides and the sand conditions etc. I know it's the best way to find gold and the most $ value ultimately, but I can't get myself to do it. Hopefully the sand pulls out and you can get lucky soon. HH

Mike

This is exactly why I avoid beach hunting period, too much ground work to keep an eye on the tides and the sand conditions etc. I know it's the best way to find gold and the most $ value ultimately, but I can't get myself to do it. Hopefully the sand pulls out and you can get lucky soon. HH

Mike

Thank you ! I agree on everything you say. I do have my fair share of good or great hunts. Was just ranting on a bad one is all , for they far outnumber my great ones for all the time and effort that is put in. But my take on the dirt is the same as yours for a beach. Lots of research and far more harder digging on the knees. Not to mention the stooping over , pinpointing , etc. At least the targets don't move around in dirt. But you guys in general are more into the history , older coins and artifacts. Not so much the $value of say gold. Unless you're Tom , who has apparently found alot of gold coins which is really cool. GL out there.....

This weekend’s update: small silver ring and a small bracelet laguna beaches. Nothing from wedge/Balboa. Nasty two motorcycle accident on the 55 slowed me down. Worked on a guy’s CTX - looks like intermittent in flex cable connection from battery.

Thank you ! I agree on everything you say. I do have my fair share of good or great hunts. Was just ranting on a bad one is all , for they far outnumber my great ones for all the time and effort that is put in. But my take on the dirt is the same as yours for a beach. Lots of research and far more harder digging on the knees. Not to mention the stooping over , pinpointing , etc. At least the targets don't move around in dirt. But you guys in general are more into the history , older coins and artifacts. Not so much the $value of say gold. Unless you're Tom , who has apparently found alot of gold coins which is really cool. GL out there.....

haha yes Tom is the king of gold.

I can't even dig with a scoop, takes 10 tries :laughing:

Good luck to you as well. I don't mind digging lots of targets.

Mike

I hoped the big storm off Mexico that's making the surfers so happy here in SB would pull the sand out and cut loose some treasures.

But I have found nothing but crusty clad and trash, all around the house not even on the beach. And, strangely, this bullet casing found in dry sand.

Now if the dirt here wasn't hard as concrete I'd just go hit some parks like back east!
5ec6092af95e002723be9c6b01b7c2c8.jpg
7cad97afab0b1fba5e4434538de0e620.jpg

8348b457ec9bb2c5691c780591ec0e5e.jpg

If you’re thinking of hunting the wet and dry sand here in SoCal. Please don’t. There is nothing left because the KOB and I already got it all. Please go to Tom’s area for all the gold coins you can carry.:lol:

Well let’s let everyone still collect the tent stakes and bottle caps until new targets arrive.

Thanks for a "reality check". Everyone likes to post their wonder finds, but rarely mention the bad days and hard work that come before the Killer Hunt Of A Lifetime

IDK anymore guys. Look at his viewers and subs. Figure the math and see what this guy makes. He is laughing all the way to the bank. I been wondering , who"s the dummy now ?

I know some real successful east coast beach hunters who do very well but don't do videos.

Honestly, KOB do you and Ed hunt the same beaches? He never seems to be hunting on a sanded in beach.

Yeah, his coins and rings come from the pawn shops and his money comes from youtube.

I know some real successful east coast beach hunters who do very well but don't do videos.

Honestly, KOB do you and Ed hunt the same beaches? He never seems to be hunting on a sanded in beach.

Yeah, his coins and rings come from the pawn shops and his money comes from youtube.
Oh hell no ! Are you kidding...seems that's about the only game in town of late. Sanded in beaches. Unless you do the dry , which I call Satan's Sand. Because it drains your soul. But some have been making some nice finds there. Maybe I should hunt with Ed. He scores everytime he hunts.

Back
Top Bottom