What A Day

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
Went crabbing on my 13 foot Whaler , got a half bushel , go to jump on the dock the boat moves , went in, lost my New Galaxy S20FE & protector case with clip , went home cleaned the boat , cooked the crabs , and took my Excalibur & 10 inch tornado back down the the dock , instead of using a scoop , I used a light wire crab net , big hit about 15 minutes came up without a scratch , on the way home the phone told me it had moisture in the port , the phone worked I called my neighbor , giving her 6 crabs before going back down , I guess they make the water proofing much better now , saved my new 700 dollar phone , Double dipped in salt water , a hot shower brought me back to life , cleaned the phone up appears to be ok , happy hunting !

Went crabbing on my 13 foot Whaler , got a half bushel , go to jump on the dock the boat moves , went in, lost my New Galaxy S20FE & protector case with clip , went home cleaned the boat , cooked the crabs , and took my Excalibur & 10 inch tornado back down the the dock , instead of using a scoop , I used a light wire crab net , big hit about 15 minutes came up without a scratch , on the way home the phone told me it had moisture in the port , the phone worked I called my neighbor , giving her 6 crabs before going back down , I guess they make the water proofing much better now , saved my new 700 dollar phone , Double dipped in salt water , a hot shower brought me back to life , cleaned the phone up appears to be ok , happy hunting !

congrats on finding something. :lol:,, but is that a seeded hunt? :lol:
If the moisture warning keeps coming up throw it in a bag or rice for a few hours or shut if off and put a hair dryer near the port.. not too hot and not for too long at once. My old samsung would always do this after sitting in my pocket and trip to the beach.

Last edited:
I agree with Steve on that being a seeded hunt! :lol: Really nice save Earl!! Phone waterproofing is MUCH better than just a few years ago. I still think Apple is ahead in this category since they removed the headphone port though.

Just

Glad I went back , thoughts were even if I found it , it would be no good , I think the rubber otter case helped save it as it protects the port a bit , I am writing this with my phone , & very happy that I don't have to buy another plus the upgrade that I chose for cash advanced to my bill over a 24 month spead, as far as a seeded hunt , it wasn't were I expected , couldn't have found it without the detector, I do have a phone waterproof case , but this S20 FE IS TALLER , I can't seal , crabs for the next two days boys , happy hunting , no moisture today , happy hunting.

Glad to hear you and your phone are okay, could easily have smacked some body part on the dock on your way in...

Z

Problem was , my crabbing boat is only 13 foot - 500 lbs , I should have tighted up the mooring lines more , when I went to step up 2 to 3 foot up - onto the dock , right leg ws planted , left foot wasn't, it was my weight was more to the left , momentum was left , it was a slow got to pick were I fall event , which is the best , away from the dock & motor

Back
Top Bottom