new guy

Richnlin

Hello everyone!!
Brand new to the hobby. I am in the market to begin this hobby and I want to chose the right equipment. I do not want to buy a beginner model and upgrade every year so I was told that the best model to buy is the Minelab Explorer II to get the most bang for the buck. Is Garrett or White a better choice?
Thanks,
Rich

Welcome to the forum welcome to the hobby.
When choosing a detector it helps to know what you are going to hunt for.
Some models are better than others for a chosen task.
Stick with a name brand;Minelab,Fisher,Whites,Garrett,Tesoro.
In the detector world you do get what you pay for.If you buy a nice model and decide it's not for you.It will hold a good resale value.

Generally speaking the higher end detectors are the better bet. In my opinion , the Explorer II followed by the White's DFX are your best bets . There have been recent additions to the market and the jury may still be out on them. If you can afford it go with a top of the line.If you need more help with your decision , please let me know.
:yes:

First off, welcome to the forum. Any questions you may have can probably be answered right here. I agree with Tony& Hermit. Buy the very best you can afford, and you won't be disappointed. The higher end machines will take a little longer to get to know as the more controls you have access to, the more you will have to learn. My DFX took me a fair amount of time to do this, but it sure was worth the effort. :D

Richnlin

Welcome to the forum... A detector is only as good as the person behind it and don't believe all the hype that the high end detectors are the best...

Your coil has to go over the target for you to find it and you can do just as well with a detector costing hundreds less.

Research, learning your detector, learning its sounds will make you successful.

Thank You!

wow, this is a great forum!! I asked a question, and from the reply's I received, I then went hunting on the internet and spent the entire day surfing. I have received some valuable info and am so glad I have given the metal detecting hobby a try. Thank you so much for the responses as I am much more excited now than ever. So far I am leaning towards the Minelab Explorer II. Probably because of a good salesman from Kellyco! I want to look for the basics, coins, lost items, maybe take a ride to West Virginia or towards Gettysburg and snoop for civil war relics. Thank you so much again.
Rich-n-Lin

Back
Top Bottom