Any one have and use a Makro Racer?

Arekusu881

And if so, how do you like it? I have one at the moment and am pretty pleased with it especially now I'm coming around to understanding it. However, I don't seem to find clad very well. Either that or the spots I've hit have been dug out completely. Anyone have this problem?

And if so, how do you like it? I have one at the moment and am pretty pleased with it especially now I'm coming around to understanding it. However, I don't seem to find clad very well. Either that or the spots I've hit have been dug out completely. Anyone have this problem?

Huh ? I wish I had the problem of "not able to find clad." I want very-much to PASS clad (modern) and ONLY go for old coins.

Care to clarify your question ?

Huh ? I wish I had the problem of "not able to find clad." I want very-much to PASS clad (modern) and ONLY go for old coins.

Care to clarify your question ?

What would you like me to edify?
I'm curious if anyone here is using a Makro Racer currently and on a regular basis, and how they feel about the machine. I'm also curious if with this machine are they able or unable to find clad of any sort. Up until yesterday pull-tabs, an occasional penny, random pieces of junk metal were the only things I had been pulling up out of the Earth. Lol

Last edited:
HOW MUCH FOR YOUR DETECTOR????? I NEED IT!!!!

JK. If your not finding clad your following a thorough clad hunter. I'm not sure about the Racer per saw, but have never heard it wouldn't find clad.

Do some air testing to verify its not something wrong with your machine

I borrowed one from a club member to check out. I was pretty impressed with it. Underrated imho. I plan to buy one to add to my growing herd.

I borrowed one from a club member to check out. I was pretty impressed with it. Underrated imho. I plan to buy one to add to my growing herd.

Right on. Thank you for your input. Nice to hear it worked well for you. It has begun to yield good results for me as well now that I'm understanding it more

HOW MUCH FOR YOUR DETECTOR????? I NEED IT!!!!

JK. If your not finding clad your following a thorough clad hunter. I'm not sure about the Racer per saw, but have never heard it wouldn't find clad.

Do some air testing to verify its not something wrong with your machine

Well it seems to work. 88 on quarters, 85 on dimes and 55 on nickels. I guess a coin shooter did a good job cleaning the place of coins. But he sure as hell missed the gold ring I found the other day lol

... Up until yesterday pull-tabs, an occasional penny, random pieces of junk metal were the only things I had been pulling up out of the Earth. Lol

Sounds to me like you are not hunting good areas. You're hunting areas with lots of junk. So you either need to find better spots (where the ratios aren't so punishing) , or crank up your disc. knob to knock out trash. Yes that will mean you will kiss nickels goodbye, and kiss smaller gold rings goodbye.

Bear in mind that md'ing success is maybe 10% machine and settings, and 90% location location location. Because if you're in an area that sucks and is super trashed out with modern trash, then NO AMOUNT OF MACHINE PROFICIENCY is going to rescue you from that. Versus if you were in a virgin picnic site, that ceased usage by 1925, then EVERY SINGLE penny/dime signal you get, is going to be a barber, or early merc, etc.... And ZERO junk (since aluminum junk didn't get started till the 1950s or '60s). And ZERO household industrial stuff, since there hadn't been structures there (strictly used for picnicking, hence little to no iron, etc....).

Location Location Location.

And the Racer is an impressive machine. I haven't used on personally , but my hunting partner has impressed me with his.

Sounds to me like you are not hunting good areas. You're hunting areas with lots of junk. So you either need to find better spots (where the ratios aren't so punishing) , or crank up your disc. knob to knock out trash. Yes that will mean you will kiss nickels goodbye, and kiss smaller gold rings goodbye.

Bear in mind that md'ing success is maybe 10% machine and settings, and 90% location location location. Because if you're in an area that sucks and is super trashed out with modern trash, then NO AMOUNT OF MACHINE PROFICIENCY is going to rescue you from that. Versus if you were in a virgin picnic site, that ceased usage by 1925, then EVERY SINGLE penny/dime signal you get, is going to be a barber, or early merc, etc.... And ZERO junk (since aluminum junk didn't get started till the 1950s or '60s). And ZERO household industrial stuff, since there hadn't been structures there (strictly used for picnicking, hence little to no iron, etc....).

Location Location Location.

And the Racer is an impressive machine. I haven't used on personally , but my hunting partner has impressed me with his.

That's true. I keep trying to find good spots. For now the ball park has brought me the best stuff, but I know somewhere in this city there are treasure just waiting for me to uncover. Yes seems like most of what I pick up if dig everything are pull tabs. I'm really tired of seeing them but what if one of them is actually a gold ring? That's what sucks, because it seems they register practically the same. But anyway, I'm having fun out there and I know just around the corner is something to get excited about

...but what if one of them is actually a gold ring? ...

arekusa : If gold rings are your objective, then why are you torturing yourself in aluminum ridden junky urban parks ?

The "secret recipe" for finding gold coins is NOT to go to junky blighted parks and dig pulltabs till your arms fall off". Instead, the recipe is : Location location location.

The best areas for gold rings is swimming beaches (whether fresh water or salt water). And let's be honest: Digging in the sand is easier anyhow.

Cool waters shrink fingers. People thrust their hands in and out of the sand to make sand castles. People lathering up with slippery suntan lotion. People performing frolicking motions as they splash in the water. And my favorite: Taking your ring off for "safekeeping" before you go in for a swim. And they hide it by their beach blanket, or put it in their shoe, or hand it to their friend to hold, etc.... This is a story that is oft-repeated when I've done posse hunts for people who lost rings at the beach, is that they took it off for safekeeping (kind of ironic, when you think of it, haha) .

If you don't have swim beaches anywhere near you, then there's other locations that, likewise, are better odds. Eg.: Ski slopes during the off-season at the lift lines (all those people taking on and off their gloves, which provide a tugging motion). PT wrestle sand pits (where people tug against each other when wrestling). Soccer field sidelines and goal post areas, where people have, for millenia, put their school books and possesions for "safekeeping" while they play soccer. Again, taking off their ring for safekeeping, and putting it in their school knapsack book bag, along the sideline (typically next to fixed objects, as a human instinct). I knew a guy who went around with this theory around basket-ball poles, assuming that people tend to put their jackets, school books, book bags, etc.... right at the base of the pole, when preparing to play basket ball. And he got rewarded with multiple gold rings by doing this.

I’ve had a few Racer 2 machines and think they’re excellent. I never sold one for lack of performance,I just switch up a lot on machines.. but the racer 2 is packed full of options,you can set up the tones,tone breaks ,etc.. and it’s deadly with that 5 inch coil.. just a great machine

Back
Top Bottom