First EQ800 Hunt=1803 Draped Bust Large Cent!

dumbdigger

Elite Member
Now that the catchy thread title sucked you in let me explain....

I have been wanting to give the Nox a run for sometime now. I have about two years under my belt running the CTX (87 Nerds Detector) and am very efficient with her regardless of what a few people think :laughing: Deal came up on a Nox 800 and I scooped her up.

I hunt regularly with 2 buddies and the one got a permission last week. He did some research on the history and apparently its one of the areas original settlers homes. People that actually help name the town had it built along the river. He hunted it some with his 800 last week and found a few IHP's.

I got my 800 in the mail Wednesday. We all met up at the permission and got right to it. Things started off slow, dark was approaching very quickly since putting the clocks back. Then it was lightning in a bottle......

First I popped on the IHP, I did get a wheat little before this. Moving around
a little more I popped the Barber dime. We have been hunting together now almost a year and I have been the first to pop a silver on every hunt together. My partners and I have a joking/fun time with each other.... Every time we meet up I have to empty my pouch and turn my pockets inside out (just checking). LOL its all fun. So anyhow, I got a descent signal on the 800
and I couldnt believe what I was looking at. I still can't. A minute later my buddy that got the permission had me come over and check a signal. I said yep I would absolutely dig that! AND THATS WHAT HE DID! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! REALLY !!!!!????? AN 1824 SHILLING!!!!! RIDICULOUS!!!!

So as the title says I did find a (roached) Draped Bust Large Cent but it is ALL the location/permission. Its my only hunt with the 800 so far and didnt expect much on my first hunt, I have to admit I like it more than I thought I would. Also, I will eventually hit that site with the CTX too. Thanks for checking out the thread guys. HH DD

DSC_2115.JPG

DSC_2116.JPG

DSC_2122.JPG

DSC_2117.JPG

DSC_2118.JPG

Congrats on the Barber Dine ,the Indian and the Big Copper. At least you could get enough detail to identify the big Penny. It's older than any coin I've dug. Trapper

Thank you for checking out the thread! This is my oldest coin to date!! 6 or 7th large cent! HH DD

I wouldn't mind finding a few roached LC's ! And in the 3rd pix: I love the condition of the IH and the barber. The ground was kind to them .

Great finds! I would love to just find 1 LC kinda tough around here. Nice job

not so dumb after all.

You are fortunate to have some good hunting buddies. Makes all the difference compared to going out on your own. The thing is, no matter who finds what, you are happy to be part of a good crew. Plus you can spread around your permissions.

You are proof that good locations can make or break any hunt.

Congrats on the very good finds.

Back
Top Bottom