V Nickel cleaning question (UPDATE! CLEAN!)

Maybe some of those nickels have value but not many. I found this 1900 on the beach wet sand hunting. It came out of the sand as you see it. Maybe it was lost recently by someone who had a lucky coin but who knows. If the date is not a rare one then tumble it. I tumble all my coins from the beach since they normally are not real old. You may be making a big deal out of something worth 50 cents. Maybe not. :D

Attachments

• IMG_2034.JPG
    IMG_2034.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 735
  • IMG_2035.JPG
    IMG_2035.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 733
aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddd clean

417220_10150652171038279_630298278_8957104_1953580371_n.jpg

420510_10150652170968279_630298278_8957103_24172591_n.jpg

2 weeks of overnight freezing a quick dip in near boiling mineral water and a soak during the day

and one overnight ammonia/water soak when the freeze thaw stopped giving results!

Just re-read your post. Did you say an overnight ammonia/water soak? I used straight ammonia. Did you dilute it with water? Just curious if you were able to get those great results with diluted ammonia.

Thanks All! I'm pleased with it =)

Just re-read your post. Did you say an overnight ammonia/water soak? I used straight ammonia. Did you dilute it with water? Just curious if you were able to get those great results with diluted ammonia.

I used about a cap full of ammonia and maybe 3 or 4 caps full of water and sealed it in a plastic container over night. The water by morning was a sort of cloudy looking blue color and the red stuff that hadn't dissolved yet came off when I rinsed it and rubbed it with my thumb

Thanks All! I'm pleased with it =)

I used about a cap full of ammonia and maybe 3 or 4 caps full of water and sealed it in a plastic container over night. The water by morning was a sort of cloudy looking blue color and the red stuff that hadn't dissolved yet came off when I rinsed it and rubbed it with my thumb

Mine was a very dark Blue, but I used straight ammonia. Nice to know that diluted still has good results. Good looking V. :)

Wow that looks Great ! I did the freeze thaw with mine for about a week then put it away, gonna try your recipe next or maybe send it to you lol. It's just amazing what you managed to do with it. Great job !

Back
Top Bottom