Day 3 at the Old Ballfield

FLOOD

Forum Supporter
One more try at the old ballfield I've been visiting this week. I've hit the outfield pretty hard, and after three days, I think I've cleaned out a good portion of what was there.

Today did not produce a US silver coin, but I did come up with some interesting finds. I came up with four more wheats: 36, 44, 45 and 52D. I also found a 1954 Government of India One Pice coin. That was my first ever India coin. Pretty cool looking. Rang up on the Legend like a quarter. I also came up with a GA Welcome & Son Transit token, which dates to the 40s-50s era. It's pretty beat up. Rang up on the Legend like a dime. Last item is possibly a silver stack/multi-hoop ring. It has some engraving on the inside that looks almost like it says MEXICMA and then illegible. Not sure about the lettering or the silver but I Google Lens'd it and saw some similar silver rings.

Dug a total of 36 coins in this field again, bringing the 3-day total to 179 coins from this baseball field. I was hoping for more silver coins, but happy with what I came back with today.

Attachments

• Wheats Token India Coin Ring 30 Nov 22.jpg
    Wheats Token India Coin Ring 30 Nov 22.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 1954 Indian One Pice Front 30 Nov 22.jpg
    1954 Indian One Pice Front 30 Nov 22.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 1954 Indian One Pice Back 30 Nov 22.jpg
    1954 Indian One Pice Back 30 Nov 22.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 150
  • GA Welcome and Son Token Front 30 Nov 22.jpg
    GA Welcome and Son Token Front 30 Nov 22.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 157
  • GA Welcome and Son Token Back 30 Nov 22.jpg
    GA Welcome and Son Token Back 30 Nov 22.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Silver Stack Ring 30 Nov 22.jpg
    Silver Stack Ring 30 Nov 22.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Silver Stack Ring2 30 Nov 22.jpg
    Silver Stack Ring2 30 Nov 22.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 148
that was some interesting stuff, especially those rings. do you put your wheaties in Warman's Wheatie book? If so, how full is it?

that was some interesting stuff, especially those rings. do you put your wheaties in Warman's Wheatie book? If so, how full is it?

I don’t have the wheats in any books. Thought about it, but haven’t done so. Typically, I put all of my decent keeper coins from each location in its own separate little pouch identifying the location, and I input those coins in an excel. I know how many of each Wheatie by year.

I found one of those stacked rings as well this past spring. First time I'd ever seen one. Mine is marked sterling.

Back
Top Bottom