Rusty shovel

XiBowhunter

Am I putting too much worry about my shovel getting rusty?

I’ve got a Whites ground hawg, and that thing rusts more than I think it should. It rusts after I clean it and leave it to dry.

Should I just not worry about it? Should I try to paint it?

Rust on the blade or the handle?

Paint the handle. For the blade, fill a bucket w/ sand. Pour in a small amount of used motor oil. After each use, push the blade into the oiled sand and remove.

I also have a predator, and it has never rusted. Mine was powder coated orange, but most of the paint has worn off now, and I still have no rust. I never clean my shovel either, so it's always dry unless it's raining. I would paint the handle as suggested above, should help a little anyways. Happy hunting!

I don't have that shovel, but I think your problem is washing it. I very seldom wash a shovel,best it normally gets is wiped off in the grass. If you do wash it wiping it down with an oily rag afterwards would stop the rust. WD 40 does wonders too.

Stop washing it. If you are worried about the dirt on it wipe it off with a dry rag.
I would not recommend putting oil of any kind on it.

Rust on the blade or the handle?

Paint the handle. For the blade, fill a bucket w/ sand. Pour in a small amount of used motor oil. After each use, push the blade into the oiled sand and remove.

It is rust on the blade. The handle is powder coated.

Back
Top Bottom