Silver and gold

stetam

Elite Member
Out to an old park I have hunted a lot and done well at. Today started off as clad day getting around 40 mixed coins. Then hit the area surrounding a basketball court that I have never done before. loaded with trash and I was using the Vanquish with 12" coil so it was tough hunting. Got a 25-26 signal and 8" down is a nice 925 marked crucifix. Getting late in the day so heading back to the truck get a jumpy 25-30 signal. In the plug I pull out three dimes and a quarter, rescan and get another signal in the side wall. Using my hand digger I flick out a clump and I see a gold coin. My heart skips a beat as it's bright gold and smaller than a clad $1 coin. Forgot my reading glasses so just pulled it, put it in my finds case and headed home without cleaning off all the dirt.

Unfortunately it was just a gold plated Virginia quarter. But, the thrill of seeing gold in dirt and the finding the old silver crucifix are what makes me go out there. GL and HH everyone!

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_3403.jpg
    IMG_3403.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_3407.jpg
    IMG_3407.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 215
Oh man Steve, the sight of any gold in the dirt gets my heart going so I can imagine when you saw the gold coin. Mamma mia. Congrats on the silver and surviving the heart attack. lol. Good luck. Mark

Pulling that Crucifix at 8 inches down in heavy trash is quite the feat. Also, seeing that gold color just makes the heart go pitter patter.

Oh man Steve, the sight of any gold in the dirt gets my heart going so I can imagine when you saw the gold coin. Mamma mia. Congrats on the silver and surviving the heart attack. lol. Good luck. Mark

Thanks Mark. Just the possibility of gold makes it a good day and the crucifix is welcomed big silver.

Congrats on the silver crucifix and never seen a gold plated coin posted from a hunt that I can recall.

Thank you!

That’s a cool quarter! Congrats on the silver!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Good stuff Steve!

Thanks Erik. My quest for a gold coin continues.

Pulling that Crucifix at 8 inches down in heavy trash is quite the feat. Also, seeing that gold color just makes the heart go pitter patter.

I know. Wishful thinking. :lol:

Congrats on the silver! And better luck next time with the gold...lol.

Thanks John. A gold coin was/is my goal for this year.

Beautiful crucifix, and the coin is a very cool find in my book. I can feel how your heart must have been beating in my own chest!

The plated gold state quarter had to be a bit of a let down Steve, but you did put the Sterling Crucifix into your coffers. Congrats on a very nice outing. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom