How Long Before There Is A Call To Modify Us Coins?

They’ve had their chance lately. Susan B, Sac, need I say more?

I kinda like the Sac dollar. The mistake was not coupling its issue with stopping the paper dollar bill. But yeah, i think everyone except the leftards would go for Lady Liberty in some form.

<<<Unnecessary political comment removed.>>>

I vote for some profiles of some good looking hunting dogs like GSP, Brittanys, heck any pointer will do.

Oh and while they are at it either drop the penny or make it out of steel so we can discrim out those suckers easily. Or better yet make them out of 14K gold and we will most certainly hunt and dig them.

Last edited by a moderator:
They’ve done away with cash transactions here in Michigan at Meijer, self serve aisles.

Last week, that happened to me. At Meijer here, I had an armload of things and I get to the self checkouts (just redone, along with the store) and the attendant says "cards only!" so I said "can't pay cash - exact change?". "No".

I put my stuff down and walked out.

A few days later they were back to all transactions.

Must've been an experiment, eh?

EDIT: I since found out they are doing this because of the "Covid-19" coin shortage.

Last edited:
The reason given is the drug transaction excuse but the real reason is control. They want every transaction under control to be able to take their cut. "They" is whoever benefits from electronic transactions.

Exactly, Control of all your money, always knowing how much, where it is when they want it, and the banks get a cut every time you even want a roll of toilet paper.
You are at their mercy if you don't toe their line.

I like the idea but it won't happen. The politically correct idiots will be coming after hunters more and more. Someday you will be shunned for even owning a hunting breed instead of a rescue dog. Who knows what they will get rid of next? No more " in God we trust", USA, men...? Eventually there will only be a number stamped on a piece of pot metal. Sorry it's hard to stop being so syndical with all the stupid things going on.

I live in north Atlanta. It is hard to spot a pure bred hunting dog. I have had people on nextdoor.com give me sh*t because I own a pure bred hunting dog instead of a rescue dog. I have owned a rescued Brittany. All you see now around here are lab-a-doodles, this doodle and that doodles. When I actually rarely see a hunting dog, I actually stop and compliment the person on such a beautiful dog. Because in my opinion the hunting dogs are among the most beautiful dogs.

<<<Unnecessary political comment removed.>>>

Last edited by a moderator:
They’ve done away with cash transactions here in Michigan at Meijer, self serve aisles.

I have not been in a physical store here in Michigan in more than three months. :( Has Meijer actually ended all cash payment at the self checkouts? It was at least an option there before.

I have not been in a physical store here in Michigan in more than three months. :( Has Meijer actually ended all cash payment at the self checkouts? It was at least an option there before.
You will have to find out for your self. Sorry.

Exactly, Control of all your money, always knowing how much, where it is when they want it, and the banks get a cut every time you even want a roll of toilet paper.
You are at their mercy if you don't toe their line.
Whats odd is every place else takes cash. That’s what I use, cash. Every day, for 50 years. No problem, ever.

Now our WalMart is not allowing coin or bill purchases except (like Meijer) at the Attended checkouts and the service counter (for money orders, etc).
Thats when I leave my full cart in the aisle. If my money isn’t good enough, I’ll spend it somewhere else.

With this "coin shortage" I hope they stopmaking cent coins, stop printing $1s and $5s and make some $1 and $5 coins. That would be sweet and would make things very interesting!

With this "coin shortage" I hope they stopmaking cent coins, stop printing $1s and $5s and make some $1 and $5 coins. That would be sweet and would make things very interesting!
They’ve tried that before. In fact, for the last 50 years. Half dollars, nope. Ike dollars, no. $5 coin not yet, but large denom coins have always gone over like a lead zeppelin. :cool:

They’ve tried that before. In fact, for the last 50 years. Half dollars, nope. Ike dollars, no. $5 coin not yet, but large denom coins have always gone over like a lead zeppelin. :cool:

The reason the $1 coin fails is that they dont couple the introduction of it with a cessation of printing $1 bills. People will always use the more convenient option.

It should be a no brainier. Money isn't worth what it used to be. What can you buy for a nickel, heck a dime?? A coin (with the exception of a zincoln) may cost more to make but how much longer will it last?
Half dollars didn't catch on because they're too big. Make dollar coils thinner or use a lighter metal, NOT ZINC. Put a square or triangle hole in them.

Last edited:
The reason the $1 coin fails is that they dont couple the introduction of it with a cessation of printing $1 bills. People will always use the more convenient option.

My understanding is that the issue is legacy machines such as cash registers, vending machines, washing machines, and so forth. All would have to be retrofitted if a change to $1 and $5 coins were made. And yes, paper money simply has less weight and is easier to deal with than coins.

Back
Top Bottom