Draped Bust, CSA Buckle, Crotal Bell, Shield, etc.....WOOT!!!!!

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Ok, this is a bit of a tease. Im still sorting out and cleaning finds from an early 1800 site. I have posted a few dirty pics from when I got home. Did not take photos at the door knock site because phone was dead.

THE HIGHLIGHTS

1. 1807 Draped Bust Half Cent

2. Complete Amazing shape small Crotal Bell

3. Half a CSA Wreath Tongue Buckle in amazing shape (I think legit, Repro?)

4. Possible very early Maritime button. Still researching. Very Small button. Vertical Anchor, horizontal lines behind anchor, 13 stars around edge of button face. Can't read makers mark.

Those were all firsts for me in 41 Years of digging.

Also got 1889, 1891 Indians, 1960D GW, Sterling Star of David Charm that got lawn mowered and an 1866 first year Shield Nickel plus other other relics.

Full story and cleaned photos tomorrow.

JD also had a great day. WOW! :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Last edited:
Congrats. Location,location, location. Draped bust half cents are not an easy dig no matter where you live. Intact early crotals. I have only 2. Dont know anything about your buckle other than find the other half

Congrats. Location,location, location. Draped bust half cents are not an easy dig no matter where you live. Intact early crotals. I have only 2. Dont know anything about your buckle other than find the other half

I finally got a coin I envied you for being able to get. Thanks. My hunting partner had to convince me he wasn't BSing when he told me what I had found. JD is about 25 years younger with good eyes.

Congrats on all the excellent digs, but especially the DB Half Cent and the buckle...outstanding hunt!

Thanks Captain! The DB is a coin I thought Id never find without going further north. Hunted one of oldest towns in TN today.

I finally got a coin I envied you for being able to get. Thanks. My hunting partner had to convince me he wasn't BSing when he told me what I had found. JD is about 25 years younger with good eyes.

The soil treated the finds well too. Thats the kind of place where you should dig everything. Im guessing it was a yard though and you dont have nearly unlimited access

The soil treated the finds well too. Thats the kind of place where you should dig everything. Im guessing it was a yard though and you dont have nearly unlimited access

Yep, door knock, but guy was super nice and I don't think getting back in there will be a problem...gotta find the other half of that Buckle!

Huge congrats on a awesome hunt. That HC and the CSA buckle are two finds I've only seen in pictures. Hope you can find the other half.

Holy !!!! man! That's a heck of a hunt with some amazing finds! Big congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Rattlehead. I'm still in shock.

Huge congrats on a awesome hunt. That HC and the CSA buckle are two finds I've only seen in pictures. Hope you can find the other half.

Thanks Gerry. I'm finding out that buckle could be extremely rare and Button maybe 1700s British maritime? Buddy researching for me.

Outstanding Finds! Congrats!

Thanks Coinshark.

Amazing hunt, hope you find the other half of that Buckle

Gotta go back. Apparently that buckle is extremely rare. Other half would be amazing.

WTG! Those are some super finds.

Thanks Terry. Quite a day.

I've never found a draped bust half cent, scarce for sure. That is a great day! I can't imagine what else pops up out of there, HH!

I've never found a draped bust half cent, scarce for sure. That is a great day! I can't imagine what else pops up out of there, HH!

Thanks CD. I never thought I'd get one...41 years of digging to get this one and I've still never found a large cent of any kind, lol

Back
Top Bottom