A message for new hunters

Thanks bud! This is that field I brought you to out my way. Crazy huh? I couldn't go to beach without a detector :lol: but hey if that's your thing more power to ya man! Can't wait to hunt, hit me up!

When I go to the beach, I go with my Wife. I can detect on MY time. Not on OUR time. Besides, I would much rather walk up and down the beach and enjoy the sounds of the ocean without the constant interjection of modern technology. But, as they say, to each their own.

Congrats on the silver. You give some good advice to the newer hobbyists: never judge a book by its cover. Last summer I got permission to hunt the yard of a 1920's house before it was town down. I found zero "modern" silver coins, but I did find a KG II, a crotal bell and a complete Colonial shoe buckle in the yard. :shock:

Nice surprise!
As kids, we carried and spent mercs into the 1960's.
The other possibility is that old fill dirt brought into new building sites, I've found 2-cent pieces and other oldies on newer playgrounds.

Congrats on the silver. You give some good advice to the newer hobbyists: never judge a book by its cover. Last summer I got permission to hunt the yard of a 1920's house before it was town down. I found zero "modern" silver coins, but I did find a KG II, a crotal bell and a complete Colonial shoe buckle in the yard. :shock:
Thanks ! Love colonial stuff! I hope to do much more colonial sites this year as my copper count dropped dramatically from the previous year. Mainly because I turned into a park/ballfield deep silver hunter but time also contributed. Hopefully we will cross paths this year! HH!
Nice surprise!
As kids, we carried and spent mercs into the 1960's.
The other possibility is that old fill dirt brought into new building sites, I've found 2-cent pieces and other oldies on newer playgrounds.
Thanks! It certainly was a nice surprise, cause it also makes you wonder what else could be in these sites! Thanks for looking!

Back
Top Bottom