Best Find Of The Year

Silversmith45

Elite Member
The other day I planned a short hunt because it was so hot. They play baseball on the nearby park diamonds every Sunday. I usually try to hunt them during the following week. Yesterday was the first chance that I had to do it in a couple of weeks. Because of the high number of pull tabs in this city I usually discriminate out nickels on most of my detectors. This is probably why I find very few gold rings. I decided long ago the chances of finding a ring wasn't worth digging hundreds of pull tabs. Anyway I was hunting behind some bleachers and spotted something under the back of one. This area is mostly bottle caps which I don't have a problem with. At first I thought it was the rim of a gold bottle cap but I kicked the dirt away for a better look. To my surprise it was a 14K diamond ring. I wouldn't have found it with my detector any way. I haven't posted this locally because I still want to try returning it.
TR3.JPG
It always pays to look around you when detecting. I find about as much this way as I do with my metal detector. I only found one penny in my hunt the other day. I happened to see the sun shining on it in the grass. My only find for the day.

Great find! A couple years ago I found a 14K wedding band next to the bleachers after digging prob 30 pull tabs and a couple weeks after that I found a gold Jesus pendant in the outfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a very nice ring, Richard! Congratulations on uncovering your best find of the year. Great job! :waytogo:

Back
Top Bottom