My first holed coin

great find. I have heard from some where that they put a hole in them to put them on a string around their neck so they would not lose the coin. Don't know if that is true or not.

I've been lucky enough to find 3 holed coins a seated dime, a 1915 english penny and a wheat cent the is holed right through the date. I really like you dime too. I feel a holed coin was somewhat special to at least one former owner.

Wow, that’s an old one that doesn’t show up often in these parts. Congrats man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks rattlehead

Nice early find! Am still hoping to find a Bust anything!
Thanks lovestheshiny
Thanks Tom

Great find! Congrats!
Thanks Stursman

I used the 11" coil on the Legend for a while before getting the 6". When I put on the 6", I laughed because it seemed so comically small. It was like a "clown" coil lol

I then brought it out to my test garden, and that's where the laughing ended. The depth of that coil is almost unbelievable. I now rarely ever use the 11" coil, but I'm anxiously awaiting the 9x5 coil.
I’m waiting for the 5x10 myself,I need to cover more ground
Small coils work great inland hunting. If you beach hunt you hunt behind guys/gals using 15 to 18" coils and wind up digging 20 holes to their 100:wow: I tried 6" coils on the Nox and CTX beach hunting and never covered the cost of shipping the coil:lol:
I like the small coils,especially on fast machines.
Itsaring,

Yes, large coils have their place, and very trashy inland sites aren't one of them :)

nice finds. The coin with the hole is pretty neat find!
Thanks Toppjimmie
Wow Pete thats sweet save there. Congrats on your first holed silver. A holed silver and a Capped Bust is still on my list. It looks like the Legend is treating you well. Good luck. Mark
Thanks Mark, never thought I’d get a holed let alone a bust dime holed. Honestly I wasn’t expecting much last night,that’s when they show up tho..

A very nice holed coin! Royal Congrats! KT's only holed coin was a Buffalo Nickel, found in a totlot at an elementary school. KT later decided it must have been on a charm bracelet as it was found under one of those jungle gym type of setups. The holed buffalo had no date, so it was likely drilled and used as a charm due to the wear on it. It might have been off a necklace tho, as no other charms were ever found at that location.
Thanks kingtotsakot,a holed coin is a holed coin,all count as a find.

Outstanding. Congratulations!
Thanks Jhansi

Way to go Pete! Those are tough to find.
Thanks Longbow, been waiting along time to get me one of these. They’re elusive for sure

I wouldn't mind finding one of those!:shock:
You’ll be like me then,cause I was definitely shocked
Excellent recovery! Unfortunately, not much chance of finding a holed coin in my neck of the woods so I'm left to live vicariously through those of you East of the Mississippi:yes:
Thanks Silverhorse
Nice find even with the hole. I've dug only one coin with a hole in it and that was an 1864 two cent piece. The hole was square so it must have been made with a square nail.
Thanks diggin4clad

Wow! That's a beauty Pete, Big Congrats!
Sounds like a great hunting spot!
Thanks Ron, the spot is only across the road from my place. I thought I’d pretty much hunted it out but I’m still finding targets,good ones too. I think the small coils have a lot to do with that tho

Awesome find!
Thanks bluebird 66

great find. I have heard from some where that they put a hole in them to put them on a string around their neck so they would not lose the coin. Don't know if that is true or not.
I heard the same thing,they used to string they’re coins so they didn’t lose the,.i went back tonight hoping to find a few more that might of been the on that string but no luck..lol

I've been lucky enough to find 3 holed coins a seated dime, a 1915 english penny and a wheat cent the is holed right through the date. I really like you dime too. I feel a holed coin was somewhat special to at least one former owner.
I feel lucky to,not just to find it but to walk over the very area that somone lost it long ago

Well, I've found two! Clad quarter and 1970 nickel. But I'd be willing to swap you two for one! 😂😂

I have found my share of holed coins, including a few victory wheat pennies. I found a liberty cap large cent with a hole directly in the middle of it :roll: Bust coins are tough to find nowadays, congrats on yours!

Back
Top Bottom