Do you have a (Red) 1947 penny?

metaladdict

Elite Member
I was just observing an article about real nice condition pennies from 1947 going for a thousand or so dollars on Heritage Auctions.
The penny is very clean,no green patina at all.
Check your 1947s!

Must be something odd about that one, I've always thought a 1947 was worth about 5 cents in circulated condition, more in Mint State for sure but that seems pretty steep...

If the 1947 Lincoln is selling for $1000 even if UNCIRCULATED the buyer is IMHO paying at least $995 too much. Super high grade slabbed coins are quite often vastly overpriced, especially recent issues. I'd like to see what a legitimate coin dealer would offer to buy that coin for. One thousand dollars would buy a nice gold coin or two.... or a lot of silver.

ms 65 25 dollars ms 67 6500.00 dollars grade matters

I was just observing an article about real nice condition pennies from 1947 going for a thousand or so dollars on Heritage Auctions.
The penny is very clean,no green patina at all.
Check your 1947s!

Do you have a link to that article? There was no 1947-p minted that I know of

Heres what the NGC has to say about it:

"Though certainly not rare in Mint State grades, 1947(P) cents are exceedingly difficult to find in top grades. The most frequently encountered problems are spotting and streaking."

https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-explor...-1909-1958-pscid-99/1947-1c-msrd-coinid-12752

Theres a pic of one that sold, or someone was asking, for $9200 at a Baltimore auction.

Just gotta find someone who would pay for that.

Yes when you get up in the ms 67 to 68 there are only a couple so it is extremely rare that's why it priced at that. sube

Yes, I understand that a MS 67 or MS 68 isn't common BUT is the slight difference in grade/appearance worth all the extra money? Can the average coin collector even tell the difference? Coins like that are for the rich guys.

Back
Top Bottom