2018 is over! Check out the goodies!

dumbdigger

Elite Member
As promised here is my best 2018 finds!
The high was breaking the century mark, 114 silvers Fty!!!!
I found 3 Walkers in 16 days at different locations!
On the last day of the year I beat my best
day with 7 silvers!

Rocked the CTX most of the year until I got the Nox 800.

Nox 800 arrived Nov 7. Since then I have only picked the CTX up 3 times.
One time was to cherry pick a field of wheat pennies. Picking out the silver dimes!

I would be willing to bet a third of this has been found with the Nox.

Firsts are Seated and LC to name a couple.

Everything is shown except a small handful of items. I gave a LC to a friend.
Also, handed out various others to property owners.

I gave the Corps button to my hunting buddy for Christmas. It was his permission. And the other finds there has been unbelievable!

Thanks for checking it out! HH DD

Can you imagine what I would find if I learned how the detector I own functions and responds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC_2286.JPG

DSC_2285.jpg

DSC_2287.JPG

DSC_2290.jpg

DSC_2291.JPG

DSC_2292.JPG

DSC_2293.JPG

DSC_2123.jpg

DSC_2124.jpg

DSC_2126.JPG

DSC_2235.JPG

DSC_2236.JPG

DSC_2295.JPG

DSC_2296.JPG

DSC_2297.jpg

DSC_2298.JPG

DSC_2299.JPG

Very nice. What’s the item that looks like a silver chain mail purse?

Wow you found a ton of quarters. And that chain mail purse is too cool. Was there anything inside the purse? Way to find the silver!

Huge congrats on a fantastic 2018!!!

YOOOOOOO, ADRIANNNNN !!!!!!!! I'd say you did it !!! :lol:

Nice collection there.

So,......Now that you've played with CTX and NOX, do you really think the nox is as capable as the 2500 dollar predecessor ??? Is it picking off 10 inch deep coins?? Is the new TID number system better than the old system??
Just wondering......I am thinking my CTX may be getting old....I don't think it has the punch it used to a couple years ago.......
I keep hearing they are working on a new CTX, but I haven't seen anything official as of late.......

BTW, where abouts are you anyway, if you don't mind telling...????

Anyway....Congrats gain, and good luck in the new year.......

Last edited:
YOOOOOOO, ADRIANNNNN !!!!!!!! I'd say you did it !!! :lol:

Nice collection there.

So,......Now that you've played with CTX and NOX, do you really think the nox is as capable as the 2500 dollar predecessor ??? Is it picking off 10 inch deep coins?? Is the new TID number system better than the old system??
Just wondering......I am thinking my CTX may be getting old....I don't think it has the punch it used to a couple years ago.......
I keep hearing they are working on a new CTX, but I haven't seen anything official as of late.......

BTW, where abouts are you anyway, if you don't mind telling...????

Anyway....Congrats gain, and good luck in the new year.......

Thanks Bob, Im in Northeast Ohio.
On the machines I am not sure the Nox is as deep as the CTX. I am so used to running the 17" coil on the CTX, to compare it to the Nox with stock coil just wouldnt be fair. That being said I have found a 10" quarter with the Nox.
Once I found a 14" D-buckle. Obviously not very clear signals, but after learning how the Nox reacts to deeper targets the deeper ones are obtainable.....

In my eyes, its kind of a trade off. Yeah the CTX might get you slightly deeper, bagging you a few more keepers, but it could have missed less deeper targets that is surrounded by trash/nails that the Nox just sees easier. I would imagine 15" coil mounted its very close in the depth department.

The price point on the Nox 800 with all of its PRO's is VERY VERY hard to beat. Heck you can buy 2 1/2 of these, swing to the moon and not have huge doctor bills on your shoulder neck back 20 years from now.

Excellent year DD! Congrats and best of luck in 2019!

Thanks Ron for the kind words!

Congrats on a great season !

Thanks

Nice toy soldier. It's a 1950s Barclay "podfoot". In December I found the flamethrower soldier from the same set.

Thanks for the juice on the "podfoot"

A very fine year indeed Digger. Digging a 100 silver Coins in a year is no easy task and for that along you deserve congratulations. Digger you first with the Seated and the large cent had to be thrills, I say that as I remember mine. I hope that 2019 will again give you a great adventure. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom