2018 Silver spread 131 saves

Dewsweeper894

Elite Member
Here is a shot of the 2018 silver finds .
131 coins or 11 Troy oz.
soon we will wipe the slate clean and start the new year.
Time to move my clad count to the total forum clad total.

Thank you for looking and sharing all your finds .
As most know I enjoy all of the reports.
Thanks to all my hunting buddies and looking forward to next year.
Happy hunting .
,Dew🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1855.jpg
    IMG_1855.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_1853.jpg
    IMG_1853.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
Awesome picture! That Barber Half is beautiful. Nice Walker and a few Standers too. Beautiful.

What a pretty picture Brad. You have had one heck of a year. Not only the 131 Silver Coins that are pictured here, think how many you coached me through in the coarse of this year. I applaud and congratulate you in your success of 2018 and now look forward to many more adventures in 2019. Trapper

Nice collection!

The ‘64 Kennedy half stands out, harder to find than a Barber, as they were only minted one year, odd, even though 3 x more ‘64 Kens were minted than all year Barber halves combined.

Outstanding finds and beauty of a display there Dew! It sure was a lot of fun following your hunts this past year, On to the Next we go!

Congrats on a great year of detecting,,, Just think you are just one guy and you found all those silver coins,,, Just think how much silver is out there just waiting to be found,,, :?: ,,, Congrats again

IMG_1856.jpg
What a pretty picture Brad. You have had one heck of a year. Not only the 131 Silver Coins that are pictured here, think how many you coached me through in the coarse of this year. I applaud and congratulate you in your success of 2018 and now look forward to many more adventures in 2019. Trapper

Thank you Buddy.
I hope it helps put your year in perspective.
I know we are not out east so we work with what we have.
It will take more time to layout your massive hoard but when you do and when you start looking at the quality of a lot of your finds I think you will realize that though your numbers are Mindblowing the quality of your saves are including a pile of absolutely incredible saves for our location.

I am looking forward to it .
Also to 2019 and for me another year of no pressure and enjoyable hunts with great friends and good dirt👍 Not looking good outside my window right now😐
,Dew

Last edited:
Congrats on a great year of detecting,,, Just think you are just one guy and you found all those silver coins,,, Just think how much silver is out there just waiting to be found,,, :?: ,,, Congrats again

Yes Fast Eddy there is still silver to be saved .
99% of my hunting is public parks . Maybe a few schoolyards .
Most are your hunted out old spots .
I hope to grab a few more permissions in 2019 and get on a bit older dirt but
I am happy to get out hunting and to be able to save some along the way.
Thank you for your reply
,Dew

Nice collection!

The ‘64 Kennedy half stands out, harder to find than a Barber, as they were only minted one year, odd, even though 3 x more ‘64 Kens were minted than all year Barber halves combined.

Thanks AMC . I agree on the 64 Kennedy 😳
Honestly a coin I fully expected not to ever dig.
I do have a 40% 67 I think but the 64 was obviously right out of the wrapper when dropped . I have found a good amount of rosy's in that spot also.
Happy to have it .
Good luck in 2019 .

Absolutely stunning photo Dews!
I remember when you chiseled that Barber half out of the frozen tundra in January.
Good luck to you in 2019:yes:

Outstanding finds and beauty of a display there Dew! It sure was a lot of fun following your hunts this past year, On to the Next we go!

Thank you Mud . I love the way you separate sarcasm from sincerity when you post .
Often they are side by side but always identifiable.
I'm looking forward to 2019 and your participation around here. It is truly something I look forward to.
Here's to 2019 brother . 🍻
Better then a Dirt nap right?
, Dew

Great assortment you found this year! I like the way you displayed them for the picture. I noticed you found a lot of rosies compared to mercury dimes. It's odd but in 10 years of detecting and over 300 silver rosies I have dug, none have been dated 1955! I don't even know how that is possible! LOL. Best wishes for 2019!

Absolutely stunning photo Dews!
I remember when you chiseled that Barber half out of the frozen tundra in January.
Good luck to you in 2019:yes:

Ya that was a major highlight Matt.
Especially the part where you pretty much dig the thing for me .
The same happened with one of those standers .
IDX did most of that 15 min excavation and construction of another ice cave😎

My goals in 2019 are to just walk around and stick flags in the ground and have my buddies dig them for me .
The finds turn out much better when I take advantage of the good karma of some great guys. Seems to have a way of turning any signal in treasure.

Congradulations on your year Matt . Keep looking for your gold .👍
,Dew

Great assortment you found this year! I like the way you displayed them for the picture. I noticed you found a lot of rosies compared to mercury dimes. It's odd but in 10 years of detecting and over 300 silver rosies I have dug, none have been dated 1955! I don't even know how that is possible! LOL. Best wishes for 2019!

Ya DD , I hunted a couple spots this year that held a lot of rosys. Normally I would dig I would guess at least 4 mercs to one .
Both were a bit newer school yard type ball fields I guess you would say.
I did have some Indians and some buffs but not a lot of oldies this year and little to no sterling. Kinda odd .. there were interesting old relics tokens and other things mixed in but nothing mindblowing for me this year.
There is some older dirt here but it will take more reasearch and some permissions. I lost my best older spot as we were chased out of an old park that was a fairgrounds into the 1800,s some cop actually looked up a city ordinance and showed it to us and took my info so I'm afraid to go back. Oh well . I do envy the guys out east but we gotta dance with the girl who brung us.😎
Thank you for the response and good luck in 2019. Let me add that you are a bit of a celebrity to me . Love the Vids and was hooked on Tony for a long time . Good stuff. Love to drive south and join sometime .

,Dew

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom