Yellow is yellow

REAL_RAT_FINK

Forum Supporter
Found an isolated and open beach that had a total of... wait for it.... 2 people on it. Myself and a surfer. Felt great to be back on the sand, things are starting to open up. Lots of targets to choose and lots of junk. Pulled $3.40 in clad and this 14k watch cover. It says W.W.C MFG. Co, 14k warranted and the serial number 197846. On the front the initial EMG. Was a little worried that it said warranted, never heard of that before. I believe that if there is a 10 or 20 after that, it means its gold plated and warranted for that many years to remain plated. But since no number after, it is 14k. Hopefully someone can confirm this. Did acid test and passed with flying colors. Also found this:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/842848_1416-vintage-ladys-pocket-watch-swiss-wwc-mfg

Happy hunting 20200505_073719.jpg20200505_073700.jpgScreenshot_20200505-150427_Gallery.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Love that ! Almost a Pan-Pacific $50 gold.

:dingding: It's old and probably gold - CONGRATS!

I agree on the above, Gold is Gold!! Nice save!

I think the warranted means gold filled. Nick it with a file and put acid on the cut, green fizz means gold filled.

I think the warranted means gold filled. Nick it with a file and put acid on the cut, green fizz means gold filled.

Pretty sure warranted with a year after it means gold filled. Warranted with no date is solid. Ran it down pretty good with my "testing stone" and no change in color in metal, held solid at 14k

Back
Top Bottom