First Hunt in 4-5 Years. Nothing much to see.

turtlefoot

Headstamp Addict
I finally got out for a hunt for the first time in 4-5 years. My teenage daughter wanted to tag along so we went to a house built in the 1950's. We found 8 Memorial Pennies and one Wheat Penny along with this. I thought it was silver, but not being marked, I am guessing it is not. It measures about one inch long.

Doug

Attachments

• pendantFront.jpg
    pendantFront.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 191
  • pendantBack.jpg
    pendantBack.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 191
Yep some of those aluminum religious pendants can sound and look really good coming out of the hole. Congrats on getting out again turtlefoot, and good luck on your future outings!

Not a bad hunt - that pendant is still in pretty nice shape. When corrosion starts to set in, the aluminum ones get quite pitted and ugly. Cool that your daughter is showing an interest - great family time together!

turtlefoot I have yet to welcome you back. So welcome back. Good to see your posting and getting out hunting again. Your a lucky guy to able to hunt with your kids. Congrats on your finds, the medal is a sweet find. Good luck, Mark

No pull tabs? Nice job!
I found about a half a dozen pull tabs. No can slaw though.

Nice dig! I've found quite a few catholic pendents over the years.
Thanks. It's a first for me.

Nice digs there, better than just clad and slaw. Congrats! :goodjob:
Yes it is. I will agree with you for sure there.

Yep some of those aluminum religious pendants can sound and look really good coming out of the hole. Congrats on getting out again turtlefoot, and good luck on your future outings!
I was sure it was silver at first glance.

Great that you got out - and some quality time with your daughter, too...that is treasure in and of itself!
I was really happy that she wanted to go.

Not a bad hunt - that pendant is still in pretty nice shape. When corrosion starts to set in, the aluminum ones get quite pitted and ugly. Cool that your daughter is showing an interest - great family time together!
It was cool. I am going to have to get some more decent permissions to take her with me to.

turtlefoot I have yet to welcome you back. So welcome back. Good to see your posting and getting out hunting again. Your a lucky guy to able to hunt with your kids. Congrats on your finds, the medal is a sweet find. Good luck, Mark
Thank you for the welcome back. I appreciate it. I am very fortunate with the kids that I have for sure.

Lady here at work says it's probably made of pewter. It's referred to as a Miraculous Medal with Mary and the prayer "O Mary, Conceived without Sin, Pray for Us Who Have Recourse to Thee".

Welcome back to the hunt!

Lady here at work says it's probably made of pewter. It's referred to as a Miraculous Medal with Mary and the prayer "O Mary, Conceived without Sin, Pray for Us Who Have Recourse to Thee".

Welcome back to the hunt!

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it. Pewter is cool to me.

Doug, still not a bad find. That was just a warm-up find to get your ready for the real thing next time!

I am hoping to get into some shotshell heads real soon. I will take the pendant as a warm-up for sure.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom