Gone and lost my Garrett carrot!

Oh man! I left mine once at a fort site. Thank God it was still there when I realized where it probably was. Went back the next day and it was still out in the field.

That stinks! Sorry! Have had to go back and locate my PP a few times over the years where it either got left next to a dig or fell out of my pack.

Thanks BentRod - good to see your post! When I first joined this forum, your replies to my early posts really helped me, thank you!

Oh man! I left mine once at a fort site. Thank God it was still there when I realized where it probably was. Went back the next day and it was still out in the field.

Yeah the beach is like 4 hours away, and I was probably all up and down it for a mile or so, it could be still there somewhere! I’m pretty sure I had my phone number wrapped around the battery container - so who knows, maybe someone will call me some day…

Until then my new one is tethered to my finds bag!

Attachments

• 94DE5B9D-DC8D-40F0-A1B6-69C1F49A2206.jpg
    94DE5B9D-DC8D-40F0-A1B6-69C1F49A2206.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 286
GroundSweeper,

If I may add: switch the attachment points for the tether. So the "permanent" loop goes to your pack and the end with the latch or D-ring (that you can open) connects to the Garrett Carrot.

This allows you to quickly disconnect your pinpointer without having to worry about something dangling from it. You might do this to clean it, replace the battery or use it on its own for w/e reason.

Yeah the beach is like 4 hours away, and I was probably all up and down it for a mile or so, it could be still there somewhere! I’m pretty sure I had my phone number wrapped around the battery container - so who knows, maybe someone will call me some day…

Until then my new one is tethered to my finds bag!

When I lost mine, I had been detecting for many years and never lost one. But sometimes learning the hard way is the reliable way to learn.

I have set down my pinpointer a few times and walked away. That beeping feature has luckily saved my bacon so far. I'm sure i'll do it many more times, but Ive become better at keeping track of it. My pouch is on my left hip, pinpointer on my right, so i feel off balance without it in the holster.

I’ve lost 3 of them and I hated myself every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i left mine on the ground during a twilight dig and thought i could sweep the ground with my detector and find it in the dark. Turns out it didn't give much of a signal. Had to go back the next morning.

I found a nice Garrett pinpointer while detecting once. It belonged to my friend who I was hunting with. He didn't even know that he had lost it.

Thanks BentRod - good to see your post! When I first joined this forum, your replies to my early posts really helped me, thank you!

Thank you! I love seeing you're still active. I've fallen off over the last couple years due to family activities and other responsibilities, but still love getting out and swinging the old ATP when I can. I love seeing all the posts here too!

I've never lost a pinpointer but came mighty close once a few years ago. I had to drive 15 miles back to where I was hunting and luckily it was right where I left it. On the other hand, I've lost so many brass tipped probes that I no longer use one. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom