<So This Is Vacation>

AceGVSU11

Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Well I decided to take an impromptu vacation up north and treat the lil' lady to some fine wine and dine. Lucky for me my lil' lady like to sleep in and is not a morning person... because that allowed me a solid 4 hours of hunting time each morning to see what other tourists left behind!

I decided to brave the cold water temps here in Michigan and jumped in for my first water hunts of the year... man o' man... I enjoyed relic hunting over the winter/early spring, but hunts like these remind me why I love the water!

The first day out I was getting a good number of targets and noticed that it wasn't to sanded in and even found a few troughs that I'm sure the ice pack dug out during the winter. My first hunt produced 2 silvers - a ring and a small bracelet.

The second morning I wanted to wake up extra early and attempt a recovery from the Lostmystuff files, but the phone alarm didn't go off! :mad: Plan B took over and I headed back out to the beach I worked the 1st morning. Sun was shining both days and felt nice even with the cooler air and water temps. My 3rd signal was another silver ring and then I started hitting nickels right away and even a few quarters and lead sinkers. I knew that meant I was on some hard pack and that it would hold gold. Before I knew it...TADA! It looked like a peice of the sun fell into my scoop! A nice 9.5g 14k man's band was dancing in my hand! Oh how sweet it was to be back in the water!

I did manage to try a recovery attempt for the lost ring reported but had no luck... I did find a silver earring up that way however and was the 1st silver find for my new Excal II from Dogpound here on the forums which was it's inaugural hunt! I found the gold and other items with my CZ20.

The tokens will tell you where the gold is ;)

Attachments

• CAM00164.jpg
    CAM00164.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 514
  • CAM00167.jpg
    CAM00167.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 511
  • CAM00169.jpg
    CAM00169.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 514
  • CAM00170.jpg
    CAM00170.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 509
Sweet! That is what I am talking about,,,targets that are the right ones! Congrats on that great hunt!

Thats one heavy ring!!! Super find. Looks like you found a great spot. Irons said there is no gold in northern Michigan. You must be on the west coast. No gold on the east coast either. I have it all.

Congrats and keep em coming.

Irons said there is no gold in northern Michigan. You must be on the west coast. No gold on the east coast either. I have it all.

Nope... No gold here either. Go Fish!

Oh, and Ace... nice vacation!

Congrats on your 'restful' vacation and great finds. : ) So...are you gonna keep the wedding band and put it to good use in the future? LOL It looks like it fits. Good luck on future hunts, and see ya on the 18th.

I love those plain solid gold rings without the tiny diamond bling stones. A 9.5er is a 9.5er! They polish up well and look real good in the ring display case. Great hunt and you should appreciate a wife that puts up with your morning hunts instead of doing other things in the morning on vacation.

Great job you must have found the one spot I missed. Lake MI hunters are all crazy, crazy. :laughing:

Great hunting man Congrats!! :D

Nice ring! I can't wait to see a plain gold band like that one in my scoop again. I wonder if the link-the-loops earring and belly ring came off one person? :D

Thanks all! It definitely is a honker. It took two scoops to get out... After the first scoop i rescanned the hole and got an overload sound with the cz20. I had to continue to dig however after hearing the sweet strong midtone when i first went over the target! Glad i did!

Back
Top Bottom