Nokta Makro communicates directly on social media

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
This was on their facebook page. This company is pretty good a directly communicating with their users and potential buyers. Not afraid of talking about issues. She was at the recent Pound the Ground meet.

As an aside, a company rep in an American firm would have to get this approved by his/her boss, and their boss would have to get it approved up the chain of command and I doubt if the video below would have ever been produced and put on social media.

https://www.facebook.com/noktadetectors/videos/2508148942597420/

I've talked with Dilek on the phone before. She was nice and very knowledgeable. She also seemed genuinely interested in hearing about what users liked and disliked about the current fleet of detectors.

Well... Equinox is as close to perfect as you can get.:cool3:

Nothing is perfect - although I love my Nox as well which surprised me as I do love all Nokta Makro products - I love the vibrating mode and the lights on the Simplex as well as the shaft and cam locks - price and build quality is also good

their international support is also top shelf

my perfect detector is a Nox800 complimented with a Simplex
I have both multi-freq & single freq covered confidently :cool:

that is what I think. I have the 800 and simplex. It is going to be interesting to see which detector I end up using the most. It will probably be determined by the type of site I am hunting.

I am going to take the Simplex to some of my sites I have hunted a lot with my AT Pro and 800.

Right now I suspect it will be the simplex for one reason. The compressed 0-39 scale on the 800 is more difficult for me to ID targets. Others seem at ease with that tighter display or they just dig all iffy signals.

Maxxkatt wrote:

Right now I suspect it will be the simplex for one reason. The compressed 0-39 scale on the 800 is more difficult for me to ID targets. Others seem at ease with that tighter display or they just dig all iffy signals.

Maxxkatt, several times you have stated that the Nox has a compressed target ID scale of 0-39. For those of us who hunt with everything accepted, the Nox has a target ID scale of -9 to +40. The X-Terra series had a similar 50 segment TID.

The Nokta/Makros have usually had a 0 to 99 scale. Some have iron running up into the upper 30s and some have it stopping around 20. Either way you still end up with a low/medium to high conductor range for US coins that spans around 40 to 50 TID segments.

Jeff

How in the world did the equinox get brought into a Makro’s customer service thread,and what bearing does it have on Makro talking to customers?:?:

Great question woodbutcher...............seems like a few somewhat overwhelmed Equinox users want something a little less complicated and some people can't enjoy their Nox without praising it to everybody on just about every thread whether it is appropriate or not.........

Some people have communicated directly with Nokta/Makro during their detector design phase and some communicate on these forums as end users. They definitely listen. That is how we got the Kruzers, Anfibios and the Simplex. They could have stopped design and just continued to produce the Racers, Impacts and Cores for the US market and called it "Good" like some of our US manufacturers. I look forward to their simultaneous multi frequency VLF detector and maybe a sensible pulse induction detector. I'm glad they kept the 0 to 99 target ID scale on the Simplex instead of just going to 4 target Icons.......

Jeff

I don't think any detector company besides minelab will be producing simultaneous multi freq any time soon due to difficulty and high complexity and patents.

Hi metaladdict,

this is from Nokta Makro Simultaneous Multi Frequency thread on this forum from 1/14/19 referring to the international naming contest for their upcoming simultaneous multi frequency VLF in development....

Now, regarding the SMF machine - it is in development and we really do not have a date for it yet. In terms of the contest, we have gotten many more entries than expected (THANK YOU ALL!) and we did not really go through them all yet and I am personally to be blamed for that. In addition, we would like to announce the winner closer to the announcement of the product and not earlier as we do not want to mislead anybody about the availability of the product. As you know, once you make a post on the internet, people interpret it in different ways and share them elsewhere like they are facts. Hope this makes sense...

Dilek

So, patent or not, Minelab are not the only company currently producing or developing simultaneous multi frequency VLF detectors.

Jeff

Hi metaladdict,

this is from Nokta Makro Simultaneous Multi Frequency thread on this forum from 1/14/19 referring to the international naming contest for their upcoming simultaneous multi frequency VLF in development....

Now, regarding the SMF machine - it is in development and we really do not have a date for it yet. In terms of the contest, we have gotten many more entries than expected (THANK YOU ALL!) and we did not really go through them all yet and I am personally to be blamed for that. In addition, we would like to announce the winner closer to the announcement of the product and not earlier as we do not want to mislead anybody about the availability of the product. As you know, once you make a post on the internet, people interpret it in different ways and share them elsewhere like they are facts. Hope this makes sense...

Dilek

So, patent or not, Minelab are not the only company currently producing or developing simultaneous multi frequency VLF detectors.

Jeff

I’m pretty sure whites has been doing it for years,dfx and v3i..And fisher too,cz3d

Was the 3vi not minelab tech on loan? Anyways others supposedly have multi freq capabilities in waiting, Rutus and AKA, maybe even others.

Great question woodbutcher...............seems like a few somewhat overwhelmed Equinox users want something a little less complicated and some people can't enjoy their Nox without praising it to everybody on just about every thread whether it is appropriate or not.........

Jeff

Amen to that !

Back
Top Bottom