Getting another Ctx3030

I wish Minelab would put the CTX with all the same features, in a lighter package at a much lower cost. Priced somewhere between the Equinox and the Excal.

I am a current electrical engineer, not that it matters but here is what I would do. Next machine has a few modes that utilize FBS2 and multi-iq.

Let the user select which mode they want to run in. For me on most occasions I would run multi iq at the beach and FBS2 around old parks/home sites.

Relics I suppose would give the nod to multi iq.

If they can keep it lower cost lets say 1500$ with a nice screen, it would be a winner

I am a current electrical engineer, not that it matters but here is what I would do. Next machine has a few modes that utilize FBS2 and multi-iq.

Let the user select which mode they want to run in. For me on most occasions I would run multi iq at the beach and FBS2 around old parks/home sites.

Relics I suppose would give the nod to multi iq.

If they can keep it lower cost lets say 1500$ with a nice screen, it would be a winner

Thats exactly what I've been saying.. Give us a lightweight version of the current CTX running FBS2 (or FBS3?) with all the same features, but also a user selectable turbo mode that runs similar to Multi-IQ. Best of both worlds all combined into one machine. I don't even know if thats possible, but if it was, I'd gladly pay the higher price tag for it since it would allow me to basically combine two detectors into one.

Okay I am going to try to borrow some war nickels other than what I have to test. Cause all mine ring up 12-13 in Park2. Until I see one ring up higher than 13 myself I am skeptical.

War and regular nickels ring 12-13 for me too. It has to be 12-13 consistently for me to dig. I’ve been fooled too many times digging a solid 12, 13 or 14.

I have to say in all honesty after running the Ctx last weekend I “click” better with the Equinox... It will be nice to see what Minelab does in the future...

I have to say in all honesty after running the Ctx last weekend I “click” better with the Equinox... It will be nice to see what Minelab does in the future...

Good to know because I sold an 800 to offset the cost of a used CTX. Kept the CTX but hadn't given either a fair shake yet. Piecing together another 800, so that'll happen in time. No plans to part with the CTX because there doesn't seem to be a replacement for FBS2 for certain advantages it offers.

Here's a wild thought - what if Nokta Makro released a slim unit with features like the Minelab X-Y Fe & CO display (I could have these in the wrong order)? Really if anyone did, it'd be cool to have competition and newer alternatives to the CTX and its FBS/2 relatives.

The Deus has an X-Y screen but does it do much for identifying multiple targets?

Back
Top Bottom