Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Advice on Detector Purchase

Old 02-04-2020, 11:38 PM

Oh Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-07-2020, 09:30 AM

After hearing about leaking issues with Nox, Im looking in a different direction.

Old 02-07-2020, 09:58 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by aeds151 View post
After hearing about leaking issues with Nox, Im looking in a different direction.

Hi aeds! I linked my blog with a few options of detectors I'd recommend (some within budget, some not) to hopefully at least educate you a little more and help guide you in the right direction of finding the machine that's right for you.

One machine that is newer on the market but I've heard a lot of good things about and falls well within your budget (you could get 2!) is the Nokta Makro Simplex+ (affiliate link helps my blog). Some side by side comparisons seem to show this is a very powerful and capable machine, not to mention pretty light to swing all day long! I hope this helps and good luck finding some history and treasure down in AK! (I plan to visit Crater of Diamonds later this fall)

Old 02-07-2020, 12:41 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by aeds151 View post
I currently live in Russellville. My wife and I checked out some public land today and found about 45 cents and a horse shoe. It was a ton of fun and it has given us something to do together outside (im big into bow hunting deer,she is not). I would love to pick your brain about legal areas we can go with historic value. Im aware the National Forest im familiar with has rules against metal detecting in Archeological sites.

Hey aeds151, I sent you a PM.....let's visit!