Someone actually said this...

Diga

Elite Member
A quote from a guy from the Simplex Facebook page:

"What detectors are actually better than the simplex except in saltwater?..I hope you’re not talking about detector’s that have to be button pushed in a certain way to find a specific target in a specific area meanwhile you’re missing other good targets because you sacrificed depth, recovery speed, etc. while doing so..OVERALL besides in saltwater the simplex has been proven to out perform the nox, deus and the legend".

:laughing:

I would consider the simplex to be the best bang for your buck currently, but I cannot see it outperforming any of the detectors listed.

I would consider the simplex to be the best bang for your buck currently, but I cannot see it outperforming any of the detectors listed.

Great bang for your buck, but compared to detectors like the D2, Nox, and Legend, the Simplex is severely limited in many ways.

Last edited:
A quote from a guy from the Simplex Facebook page:

"What detectors are actually better than the simplex except in saltwater?..I hope you’re not talking about detector’s that have to be button pushed in a certain way to find a specific target in a specific area meanwhile you’re missing other good targets because you sacrificed depth, recovery speed, etc. while doing so..OVERALL besides in saltwater the simplex has been proven to out perform the nox, deus and the legend".

:laughing:

Sounds like he is just pulling your chain....

Sounds like he is just pulling your chain....

You would think so, but no.

He constantly posts about his Simplex, and tells others that the D2, Legend, and the Nox are no better than the Simplex. The problem is, he says that to people who want to upgrade from the Simplex for various reasons.

The Simplex is an amazing detector for low mineralization ground, low emi, low trash sites, low iron sites, and no salt sites. It's perfect for "perfect" sites. Too bad almost all sites aren't perfect.

I think there's a bunch of these guys in every camp. The *insert brand here* detector is the best ever made and all others are junk... yadda yadda yadda. Same old song and dance.

I've been slowing finding that out Rattlehead, but claiming such things for a Simplex is really taking it to another level :)

I own a Simplex, and it is a top performer (especially with the 9x5 coil). But, it's only a top performer for sites with little to no of the stuff I mentioned, and, you're a "dig it all" type of hunter. For every other type of site and type of detecting, there are many, much better detectors that will hit solid on coins, that the Simplex won't even see, and also allow you to ignore a lot of junk that the Simplex will ID and sound as good.

Last edited:
What better strategy can one have keeping everyone thinking they have the best for the job. For years I've had people asked me what machine I recommended for hunting the beach, I tell them the Nox..

For sure I'm not going to tell them one better, or even equal to what I used.

What better strategy can one have keeping everyone thinking they have the best for the job. For years I've had people asked me what machine I recommended for hunting the beach, I tell them the Nox..

Lol.

That's an interesting strategy, but I've tried to have an intelligent detector conversation with him a couple of times. Suffice to say, that this guy doesn't even remotely have the detecting knowledge to come up with an idea like that :)

You would think so, but no.

He constantly posts about his Simplex, and tells others that the D2, Legend, and the Nox are no better than the Simplex. The problem is, he says that to people who want to upgrade from the Simplex for various reasons.

The Simplex is an amazing detector for low mineralization ground, low emi, low trash sites, low iron sites, and no salt sites. It's perfect for "perfect" sites. Too bad almost all sites aren't perfect.

If he thinks it let him.. I could post the Trident Viper is deeper than my Excalibur... its words... a pinpointer is deeper than the Viper :laughing:

The Evil Genius

I think there's a bunch of these guys in every camp. The *insert brand here* detector is the best ever made and all others are junk... yadda yadda yadda. Same old song and dance.

TOTALLY agreed DeWayne. It’s just not worth it to argue the “unarguable”.

Before buying my first detector and before finding FMDF I almost bought a Viper on E-bay, Sure glad I passed on that one!

I was hunting a beach swinging my GT pulling silver jewelry and coins off the slope... a youngster came up to me with a Viper... told me he was not finding anything so I took a silver dime and put it under the wet sand less an inch... Viper never made a peep on the dime... I told his father to return the Viper and get a real beach machine... gave him some ideas as it was for his son...

The threshold tone if you can call it that sounded like a mosquito flying near your ear that high pitched awful noise...

I would need about 75 videos as evidence. They would need to show every detecting situation that one could possibly dream up. And don't forget the silver dime inside a large gold ring two inches below a copper penny that was flattened by a train.

Back to being real. I have never worried about recovery speed on beach. Never!

I used one on land, the disc is horrible but the depth is very good if you are willing to almost dig it all. I am not a beach hunter but, if it handles the minerals and salt water well and you dig it all, it might be pretty good. But the trashy places I hunt on land I wouldn't even give you 50 dollars for one.

I had Simplex+ for 3 months. Just personal, but didn't like the tones or the buttons, too hard to push. I know that may sound stupid, but I like a detector that is comfortable to use in addition to other technical features.

The first six months I thought my 800 was the cat's meow. But I was not finding as much as I was with my AT Pro. Why? because I was screwing around with the advanced settings hunting resulting a detuned detector. Yeah, I know everyone told me that I should stay in the standard modes and they were right.

but on into 3 years with it I found that to quiet it down in my very trashy urban/suburban hunt areas I had to reduce sensitivity which forced me out of the silver zone and into the clad aluminum trash zone. Not a good place to hunt if you are looking for silver.

So the 800, once my darling was just not right for my type of hunting. The CTX3030 runs both deep and quiet. So the CTX is now my best friend and I think it is the best "for me".

ive owned many many units. most of them were very good. Regardless of what brand you use, you need to get over a target before you can pull it out of the ground whether its a ctx or a cheap ace unit

Back
Top Bottom