Ugly Ring Saves the Hunt

Compass

Forum Supporter
Things were not looking good after 3 hours of hunting the wet sand. At that point I had a nickel, couple of dimes and a few zinc pennies but I wanted to hunt one last spot before the long, miserable, drive home in traffic.
The Excal belted out a nice tone in "disc" and soon there was a decent sized (8 grams) silver ring in the bottom of my scoop.
There was an ugly design around the outside of the ring and I wasn't expecting much when I checked for a stamp and saw "Gucci" on the ring's interior. :shock: It's nice when the surprises go our way! :yes:
picture.php

picture.php

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/jewe...s/guccighost-ring-in-silver-p-477339J84000701

Last edited:
Nice George... have you taken the canoe out on any lakes yet? Got any pics of you paddling using it?

A nice way to save a hunt, congrats!
Thanks Soil Surgeon, Funny how the best finds are often at the END of a hunt. :?::yes:

wow! Thats not a cheap ring.
Thanks! Yes, I always want to find gold but sometimes other finds are worth more than small gold.

Nice George... have you taken the canoe out on any lakes yet? Got any pics of you paddling using it?
Thanks Craig, So far we have been to the lake a couple of times and to an ocean bay. She handles pretty well and I am soon going to paddle out to a couple of remote areas with my detector.
picture.php

picture.php

Thanks Soil Surgeon, Funny how the best finds are often at the END of a hunt. :?::yes:

Thanks! Yes, I always want to find gold but sometimes other finds are worth more than small gold.

Thanks Craig, So far we have been to the lake a couple of times and to an ocean bay. She handles pretty well and I am soon going to paddle out to a couple of remote areas with my detector.
picture.php

picture.php

Amazing workmanship George...

Did you name your canoe and how many man hours do you think you got into it ? It is incredible. I would be afraid to use it. Kinda like a show car.

Amazing workmanship George...
Thanks Craig, More patience than anything else, especially, when recovering from mistakes.

Did you name your canoe and how many man hours do you think you got into it ? It is incredible. I would be afraid to use it. Kinda like a show car.
Thank you KOB, She is the "Donum Dei" which in Latin loosely translates to, "Thank you Lord for letting me finish this project without messing it up." I didn't keep track of man-hours but it's a lot. It took about 20 months from start to finish but I would go weeks without working on it. I can always re-finish it so I'm not too worried about scratches - she is made to be used.

Amazing canoe George and glad that you're getting out and finding goodies to boot. Just don't find any bodies in barrels. That's what I get to deal with up here...

Amazing canoe George and glad that you're getting out and finding goodies to boot. Just don't find any bodies in barrels. That's what I get to deal with up here...
Thanks Kevin! Yes, I hunt at night often and I never want to come across any bodies or body parts!:no:

Back
Top Bottom