Disc is not my friend

Congrats on the finds and the technical finds. What a “win, win” day you had there. Pleasure to see and live vicariously through the post.

Start pushing buttons and you defeat the strong points the machine. Good call and good luck!

Steve

I'm new at this hobby but one thing im learning from detectors as yourself is "Perseverance will pay off" eventually.

I often miss my old Racer 2.

Using that little OOR coil, in 3 tone, sensitivity 89 or >, and no discrimination turn it into a laser at a trashy site.

I went the other way around. I started out hunting with no discrimination, and now I am very selective.

I never or very rarely use discrimination. I want to hear everything I swing over.

I never personally used the Racer II, but a buddy of mine had one of those. And of all the machines he tried (he tends to test any new mousetrap) : That Racer II was the one that most-caught my attention. It was a good relic machine. I dunno why he's now using the Nox, because, IMHO, that Racer II was kick-#ss. Oh well.

I disc with my F70(no pulltabs and zinc). Maybe missing something but in trashy places it's worth it!

Congrats on your silver coins!

When I’m on a old site I want to hear the nails and other stuff. I use a f75 disc 0, pf, sen 80
I start with a thunder coil. If I find a lot of nails with it I’ll change to my stock coils. If I still think there could be good stuff there I’ll try my small coil.

Good luck keep use updated.

Sensitive full tones on the dues 2 if you really want to hear a great jam session.

Strick

Sweet finds. Congrats. I like the Miles City tag. I prefer no disc, I want to hear everything my machine does and decide for myself. I probably dig more trash than most but I also do pretty well in the finds dept. IMO.:lol: Good luck. Mark

FYI, that is an Elk fraternity pin. Check with a good magnifier, it should have tiny ruby eyes…and could be 14Kt. !! Good hunt!

Congrats on some very nice finds .

That was pretty cool to pick up on. I saw one of those like that at a flea market one time. I thought it was part of a necklace. It was in a booth that had some old Masonic stuff and things like that. Wow.....

Congrats on the finds and the technical finds. What a “win, win” day you had there. Pleasure to see and live vicariously through the post.

Thanks

Went home yesterday, so I drug out the 75 and tried it with same ideas.
I quickly ordered another Racer 2 for home.
I just think they are so much better suited for trashy homestead hunting and cut thru the masked targets easier.

Back
Top Bottom