You have to do what you have to do sometimes

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Today's dive started off with a needle in a muck stack. Literately. I was looking for a retainer with one tooth off a boat in Emerald City. I go down to trash and muck and can't see it at all. But I was prepared. I brought with me a wastebasket I bought off Amazon last year I was able to fill it with muck, come up and swish all the muck out and search through what was left. The 6th basket was a success. Picture of what I was searching for below.
Next stop was Metro Beach. Since it is a very long walk from the parking lot to the marina I decided to load up my boat and head over there. He lost a 50 amp splitter. I was able to find that along with a mug and a sailing cup.
Then on to one of my favorite places to dive. NOT Back under the barges at the Octopus Beer Garden. An expensive key fob and keys fell between the barges. Huge problem there. The water is much lower and I couldn't wiggle under the barge and above the muck. I found a set of keys but not his. I have other idea's and will be going back tomorrow. No idea if I will be successful. I have about 14 - 16 inches of water to play in under the barges. Just enough to almost get stuck but not quite.

Next was a pair of glasses that they tried a fish net to find. They can be anywhere. I tried for almost an hour with no luck. Going back when the water is clearer in the morning.

Last was a phone at another marina. I got it, a charger and a fishing pole.

Ever try to find a phone in a pothole?

Makeshift scoop! I love it! :lol: I used that when my mom lost her earring at the pool a few years ago... At that time I didn't have a detector so my eyes were my equinox!

Nice recoveries!

Josh

It amazes me how your able to find these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scuba, if you're standing in that "pothole", I suggest it needs to be called a "basement"!

Roger

Well....as a matter of fact , I find about 2-3 phones in potholes a year...

That is one deep Pothole, there Scuba! Looks like one of those tunnel ones that'll lead to Tijuana!

Cool idea with the wastebasket. I'll bet that's come in handy more than once.

Cheers!

Whatever helps you recover the goods works in my opinion, great job!
Just the idea of going under a barge with that little clearance is the stuff of nightmares, jeezzzz!

you are the MAN! braver than i am... your ingenuity is admirable. i like to find ways to do things with other things normally not intended for that purpose. i use an old fry daddy basket to clean finds in etc... and used it as a sand scoop before buying one. it worked enough.. again, you will find a way....

You couldn’t pay me enough to dive under a barge even if there was room. Your a brave man that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom