Jim "The Loop Wizard" Karbowski's notes.

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Been seeing where someone posted wondering about Jim Karbowski's notes on all his coil designs. Being a Bigfoot coil fan for years and seeing posts on it was a simple technology, i contacted the guy selling his estate on feebay and bought them a while back. And no they weren't cheap! After looking through them, i can tell you Jim Karbowski was a genious. And the guys who think they have it figured out haven't got a clue!

Also a mystery was the email exchanges in the back between Bill Lahr and Jimmy Sierra trying to reverse engineer the coils. Just guessing after Jim died his wife let them borrow the notes, since Bill is now likely the guy who you would send a bigfoot coil to, to get it fixed?

Just had to have these notes so i knew where they went. Not sure if i am going to sell these down the road, or donate them to a detectorist type museum after Jimmy Sierra leaves us?

Attachments

• IMG_3479.jpg
    IMG_3479.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_3481.jpg
    IMG_3481.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_3482.jpg
    IMG_3482.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_3483.jpg
    IMG_3483.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 343
Sweet! I always thought it would be good late night conversation with the Poindexters and Pioneers of our Sport!...I'd love to sit and have a smoke and a drink with FTP's Dave Johnson! ....damn skippy! We would go on and on about the F70 into the wee hours!

My Second choice would be to have a detailed and indepth conversation with Norm Garnush!...He's dead though, so that creates somewhat of a problematic... with Customs..Good thing the Guy could write..so I feel I know him..:laughing:

Larry, I am working toward having museum...

Been seeing where someone posted wondering about Jim Karbowski's notes on all his coil designs. Being a Bigfoot coil fan for years and seeing posts on it was a simple technology, i contacted the guy selling his estate on feebay and bought them a while back. And no they weren't cheap! After looking through them, i can tell you Jim Karbowski was a genious. And the guys who think they have it figured out haven't got a clue!

Also a mystery was the email exchanges in the back between Bill Lahr and Jimmy Sierra trying to reverse engineer the coils. Just guessing after Jim died his wife let them borrow the notes, since Bill is now likely the guy who you would send a bigfoot coil to, to get it fixed?

Just had to have these notes so i knew where they went. Not sure if i am going to sell these down the road, or donate them to a detectorist type museum after Jimmy Sierra leaves us?

Larry, I am working toward having a metal detector museum. But so far, am still not quite ready. But I am accumulating material including schematics for many metal detectors. I was a Whites dealer in the past. I knew Ken White Sr by phone. Never met him in person. Knew Charlie Garrett also by phone, as was a dealer for Garrett. Knew Ron Mack too. I might be able to trade with you material if you are looking for trades. Let me know...
Melbeta

Back
Top Bottom