Hello from new member in TX

MKLDetector

Hi Everybody,
I’m Mark and just joined. I’m happy to report that I’ve successfully planted the treasure bug into my 16 year old son.
After hanging my detector up for a couple of decades (Garrett Scorp), I got it out, cleaned it up and got him excited about finding treasure.
Now we are looking for an active club in the DFW area, but not sure if any clubs survived the COVID pandemic.
Happy hunting and hope to see some of you at an event some time.

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

Gary mds5.gif

.... looking for an active club in the DFW area, but not sure if any clubs survived the COVID pandemic.....

It's not "covid" that has ever spelled the end of brick & mortar clubs. It's the evil "internet". No one gets off their duff and goes to 1x per month meetings these days. Ever since the late 1990s to early 2000s (dawn of forums, FB, etc...) everyone gets their socialization from their living room. Ie.: show & tell, product reviews, meeting others, etc..... Clubs: R.I.P.

Hi, I am a new detectorist next door over in Southeast Louisiana. I am hoping to make it over soon to your area to hunt some family's land between DFW and Houston.

It's not "covid" that has ever spelled the end of brick & mortar clubs. It's the evil "internet". No one gets off their duff and goes to 1x per month meetings these days. Ever since the late 1990s to early 2000s (dawn of forums, FB, etc...) everyone gets their socialization from their living room. Ie.: show & tell, product reviews, meeting others, etc..... Clubs: R.I.P.

I agree. Wish there were still though. I may be in the minority but I would go once a month.

I agree. Wish there were still though. I may be in the minority but I would go once a month.

Me to. I am a paramedic. After over 30 years of shift work and having to constantly work OT, I finally have a 9-5 position where I have all of my nights and weekends free. Now that I do, clubs that I would love to be a part of are becoming a thing of the past.

From TX also

WF north of big D dont think there is any clubs here a all all you need to do is go the parks and hunt away the clad coins are in bad shape anyway
Personally i had rather go to the beaches and hunt the sand find good stuff or old houses where people is using it to put hay in then they dont worry about you messing up the yards......also old ball fields......

Back
Top Bottom