Cloven hoofed car keys and royal charm at the beach

John Madill

Elite Member
Wow it was hot at the beach today! Sun was out but i had my wipers on high when i pulled up due to sun shower.

First thing i found was the little sister bracelet.

Then i spotted a set of car keys. almost covered with sand but still partly visible. There was a chevy car key and a house key along with an old push button fob.

But attached to the key chain was some kind of amulet or some such thing.
it was a real animal's foot, maybe four inches long with a black cloven hoof. it had multicolored fur with the texture of deer hair. And was trimmed in leather.

i didn't have a camera and wanted to get it straight to the lost & found in case someone was searching for them.

someone nearby said an hispanic family had been sitting there but had left a short time ago.

Then i took the Simplex+ into the water, a little less than knee deep. Boy did that feel good!

A man sitting with his wife smiled and came over and tossed a penny into the water. i said it wasn't much of a challenge but he was welcome to toss his gold earrings if he wanted a real test.

he was a lot of fun. i took off the headphones so he could hear the tone and i told him a number in the upper 60's would pop up when he waved the detector over it. that's what happened of course.

we talked awhile, it turned out he played college basketball at our local junior college 20 years ago so i may have taken his photo for the newspaper years back. his wife played college ball at Bowling Green.

he was wearing an Indiana University cap and showed me his nice gold IU class ring. another great test i told him if he wanted to toss it in the lake.

i started detecting again and soon found a nickel. looked behind me and he was following and had tossed the nickel ahead of me. I said i could do that all day if he had enough change.

last thing i found was the little crown charm. barely a signal so i turned the sensitivity to the top. then i got a good tone and this thing was deep.

looked it up on Amazon, they sell for $16.99 for a pack of ten for jewelry making.

https://www.amazon.com/Bracelet-Charms-Jewelry-Findings-12x13mm/dp/B07BTKZNX8

didn't find riches but had fun and King Totsalot should envy this crown.

Attachments

• crown.charm.bracelet.jpg
    crown.charm.bracelet.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
I love finding little trinkets like that. Mostly because my daughter likes them. I can show her all the old coins and relics I find and she will let me prattle on about them, but when I pull out the trinkets, her face lights up because she knows that they will soon be hers.

Back
Top Bottom