I Had a Dive Partner Tonight!

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
This was yesterdays adventures.

Today was a busy day. First order of business was setting a boat lift in Mac Ray Harbor and that was a challenge but we got it in place. Took about two hours
Next stop was a phone in New Baltimore in Terry;s Marina. I got that out of the muck. Then on to Jefferson Beach Marina for glasses. Those were easy to recover.
Then back to Mac Ray to install another boat lift. That one also took a couple hours but seemed to go easier.
Then decided to take a ride on my boat and look for treasures. That didn't last long because I got a call from Sun-Up for another phone. I took my boat there from Strawberry Island and got ready. Went down to absolutely no phone anywhere near where it went in. So I ask the usual, did anyone try a net? Of course the answer was yes. So I broaden the search area and find the phone about 10 foot from where he thought it was against the sea wall.
It started to rain so I went back to my marina. Got a call about a window from a boat in my marina and he was going to be there in 5 minutes. So I wait. He comes and shows me where a glass window came off his boat. I was able to go down in the muck and recover it.
Just barely get in my truck and I got a call at Emerald City for another pair of prescription glasses. She went to show me where they went in and that is where I found my dive partner. It didn't stay close but it was a nice large alligator snapper. I went down and found the glasses and left the area to the turtles.

Ever since I was a little boy I have had a healthy respect for those turtles.

I have seen northern snappers as big as garbage can lids and make every effort to avoid them.

Steve

I once spied a very healthy one crossing the road. Unfortunately there was no body of water nearby and I decided to drop him in a creek near my house. I grabbed him at the base of the tail and hoisted him into a large cardboard box I happened to have.
I then drove to my house to take care of some personal business and due to the heat I decided to take the box out of my truck so he wouldn’t cook.

I returned and saw he had tipped the box over and I followed his trail until it disappeared into a pile of leaves by my fence. I was certain he had entered head first and ALMOST SIMPLY REACHED INTO THE LEAVES TO GRAB HIS TAIL. But I kicked the leaves away and saw he had backed into the leaves and his mouth was wide open. I’m sure had I blindly reached in I’d be short a number of fingers because those boogers do not play around.

've seen some in my at my local aquarium... Such a shame that those plastics are dumped
in the ocean and does "you know what" :(

Josh

All I see is yummy! Been harvesting the big reptile since I was a young teen. Those big snappers never make it past my soup pot, Cajun turtle soup, make it snappy!

Back
Top Bottom