Shelly and Mr. Carrot are staying safe - Show your favorite RING find

My favorite ring I've found would be this guy. It's my first gold find, although it is only gold plated. I found it at a park on June 3, 2019. The only markings are "RSC" and after some research, it looks to be made by RS Covenant. Their rings have a brass core with a three-stage process of electroplating: copper, then nickel, then... gold! :grin:

picture.php

My favorite. Sounded like a zinc penny. Real ruby and the jeweler said that the gold tested in the dental gold range. Pretty interesting.

Dang that's nice :) It's awesome when they fit too!

Hahahaha. I just looked closer at your cartoon. Funny!!

:laughing: I think you might be the only one that saw that :( I thought the thread might get removed if I didn't post something about rings but I think the rings distracted too much from the cartoon :( Darn

I really like the green ring! I think this might be my favorite, found this year:View attachment 461791
Stay safe everyone!

Ohhh those are nice! found a few like that over the years. People used to have classier stuff back then!

Kapi, the green ring is a beauty. Stiff wrist, found in the dirt too, wow!

Yeah! With not being able to do beach hunting at all right now I'm tempted to try dry land stuff! If only it didn't hurt so much. Blah!

My favorite.

Yum!

My favorite ring find just several weeks ago was this beautiful Tiffany & Co. PT950 Platinum ring. Best jewelry find so far.

T and C are always awesome!

I have many but these three are equally my favorites for different reasons.

A white gold 14k wedding ring with 9 diamonds.

A nice buttery ring with an Indian name marked 916...22k.

An old heirloom ring with a natural, not cultured, pearl.
No makings but tests for 22k although I have no 24k acid and this is too buttery looking and too pliable to be anything less than 24k.

Dang those are nice! I'll add a pic of my favorite mens ring find similar to yours at the bottom of these comments.

I was advised a while back not to show the 2 carat diamond solitaire ring which is my favorite and most valuable find but here is one of prettiest rings I have ever found- 18K with pave diamonds in yellow and white gold.
picture.php

I believe that I found both within an amazing 12 month span when the beaches were slightly more productive than they have been recently. :roll:;)

Never found a single stone over 1 carat, maybe someday! That pave diamond ring is nice too!

#1: No pic. Wedding band stamped "Shreve&Co 18k", some initials, and the date April 1, 1915.

#2: This 21k flower ring.

Those old rings are awesome and that flower ring is pretty!

Guess the tide's were just wright , peak season.

Man! What a day!!

Shreve and Co is an old high end jewelry co in SF! COOL!

Good to know!

Hope everyone is being safe no matter how bad we want to hunt . God Bless You All

Amazing!!! How's your health? Been praying for you :)

Ever... July 2016

WOW!!! Amazing ring and I love the indented markings and old style script. Those are awesome!

Sorry, but I couldn't keep it down to one ring. I went through what I thought I wanted to mention and told the story behind them.

Ring #1: My most valuable ring find to date and it came in a dry sand hunt near a life guard station. I tried returning it to the owner but the serial # was registered outside the United States and they could not be found under the US system. I eventually sold it for almost $2,000 and it helped pay for the Camino hike in Spain I had with my daughter in 2015.

Ring #2: I think this ring is beautiful and my heaviest to date. It taught me that the “wash area” can hold some valuable targets.

Ring #3: This came from a section of a beach that I normally don’t hunt. It looks like an older design. The wife loved it and I ended up “loaning” it to her. :roll:

Ring #4 & #5: These 2 rings have been the best duo rings of any one hunt so far for me. I found them on my 1st hunt after returning from my 3rd summer Camino hike across Spain. I thought the Freemason ring was a class ring initially - which I still have yet to find. It was found very far offshore in high chest deep water if I remember correctly and was tarnished. (I initially thought it was junk). The other was the 1st higher than 18K ring that I had ever found. Simple but beautiful.

Ring #6: What makes this ring special, other than it being Bulgari, is that I found it on South Beach when I noticed some nice cuts for the 1st time ever on a hunt there (About 3’-4’). I was hunting the water and followed my hunch to go to the wet sand. The ring actually didn't sound so good and it was deep if I remember.

It was nice to go through my pictures to prepare this. :yes:

Very cool finds! Right now all we have is pictures to entertain us. Not allowed on the beaches here. Thanks for sharing!

5.3g 14K white gold, 60 diamonds total for about 1 1/3 carats.

picture.php

Bet it's a beauty! :)

This one from last season, 8 grams of Victorian 22K... ...

Big one! Nice!

My best on one weekend two years ago. View attachment 461906

Dang! Those are awesome!

My favorite ring I've found would be this guy. It's my first gold find, although it is only gold plated. I found it at a park on June 3, 2019. The only markings are "RSC" and after some research, it looks to be made by RS Covenant. Their rings have a brass core with a three-stage process of electroplating: copper, then nickel, then... gold! :grin:

picture.php

Still pretty! :)

Below is my favorite men's ring.

Attachments

• Passed out.jpg
    Passed out.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 333
So are those diamonds or ice cubes?
They are so big it it is hard to tell. :D

Nice ring. Very popular style of diamond ring in the mid 80s-early 90s. Quite a few to be found on So.Cal beaches around this time.

I'll add in my favorite two, wow some beautiful rings on this thread.

Screenshot_20200331-184122_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200331-184010_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I don’t have favorites, but this is the first ring that popped into my head. I think because it was the biggest ring I’ve found. So big, a quarter fits inside. 14k, 12.96 grams.

As you can see, our cat stole it (and something makes me think he’s trying to move in on my wife)!

B8446F36-5EC1-4E0C-A108-812F8B8CBA71.jpg

(Lost Wages) Raider Regards,

R5

I don’t have favorites, but this is the first ring that popped into my head. I think because it was the biggest ring I’ve found. So big, a quarter fits inside. 14k, 12.96 grams.

As you can see, our cat stole it (and something makes me think he’s trying to move in on my wife)!

View attachment 461952

(Lost Wages) Raider Regards,

R5

Wow that IS big!

Nice ring. Very popular style of diamond ring in the mid 80s-early 90s. Quite a few to be found on So.Cal beaches around this time.

Thanks! I about drowned when I found it, was so happy! Sadly there's five or six feet of fresh sand over that spot now :(

I'll add in my favorite two, wow some beautiful rings on this thread.

View attachment 461950View attachment 461951

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Those are awesome!

Maybe not the most beautiful, with diamonds but has a very special history as it is dated Dec 5th, 1918.
The owner survived both the Spanish Flu and WWI. The 35th was from Missouri. I have pictures of some of the solders at this beach, Along with Video of finding...which adds to the memories of this ring..found 2019

Attachments

• OBN-0008.jpg
    OBN-0008.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 260
Maybe not the most beautiful, with diamonds but has a very special history as it is dated Dec 5th, 1918.
The owner survived both the Spanish Flu and WWI. The 35th was from Missouri. I have pictures of some of the solders at this beach, Along with Video of finding...which adds to the memories of this ring..found 2019

That ring is AMAZING!!!

Here's my favorite ring find. Found it last Fall, deep in the woods of Scituate. It's 10k and probably from the 1930's or 1940's. Best part is that it was manufactured right here in RI by Budlong Docherty & Armstrong Inc. of Providence.

Attachments

• DSCN1271 (2).jpg
    DSCN1271 (2).jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCN1269.jpg
    DSCN1269.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 291
  • DSCN1266 (2).jpg
    DSCN1266 (2).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 231
Old 18ct ring with a large blue Ceylon Sapphire, weight 7.1 grams .. found March 2019.

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpg
    IMG_1114.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Boy there sure are some neat rings here.These are two of my favorite finds both 14k . Diamond ring found 2017 and an older signet with some crazy goat lol[

Attachments

• IMG_1577.jpg
    IMG_1577.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_2332.jpg
    IMG_2332.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Here's my favorite ring find. Found it last Fall, deep in the woods of Scituate. It's 10k and probably from the 1930's or 1940's. Best part is that it was manufactured right here in RI by Budlong Docherty & Armstrong Inc. of Providence.

I found a very similar design ring in 2018. I took the stone out because the band was broken but hope to put it into a ring I can wear someday. Love it! Maybe I should start hunting the woods :) THAT is hard work! (compared to beach detecting)

Attachments

• May 22 18 Gold RIng.jpg
    May 22 18 Gold RIng.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 223
Back
Top Bottom