G'Day

Nevets

G'Day from Brisbane, Australia,

I am new to the forum and hope to contribute and learn. I once had a very basic metal detector as a 12 year old which enabled me to find a lot of rusty nails, bottle tops and a few coins but that was all. It was just a toy that I got via mail order from an advert on the back of a comic. It worked ok down to about an inch or so and it was exciting to find anything hidden, particularly the coins. Unfortunately it broke after a few months and I couldn't fix it. So that was the end of my detecting days. Roll forward 40+ years and I now have more time on my hands and want to give it another go. I haven't got a detector yet but intend to purchase one. The local store here has 'come and try days' so I will do that first. I am also going to build my own from a kit and learn how they work.

Thanks for add to the forum. I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts. Still a lot to get through. :cheers:

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

There is at least one other active member from Australia, maybe they could offer some tips on deals on good detectors in your area.

Hello from Western Australia! What type of detecting are you interested in?

Hi X-Terra, I'm interested in trying all types of detecting. Probably to start with just beach and general areas. I would like to do some gold field detecting as we have a few areas in SE Qld that are suitable albeit heavily worked over. I am plannng a trip around Aus in a few years and wouldn't mind trying my luck in the VIC and WA gold field areas. I also have an interest in finding old historical items so will probably try around old camps, watering holes, rest stops etc from the bygone years. Not expecting to make my fortune, just experiencing the thrill of finding something will be enough for me. :cheers:

Hi X-Terra, I'm interested in trying all types of detecting. Probably to start with just beach and general areas. I would like to do some gold field detecting as we have a few areas in SE Qld that are suitable albeit heavily worked over. I am plannng a trip around Aus in a few years and wouldn't mind trying my luck in the VIC and WA gold field areas. I also have an interest in finding old historical items so will probably try around old camps, watering holes, rest stops etc from the bygone years. Not expecting to make my fortune, just experiencing the thrill of finding something will be enough for me. :cheers:

I'm actually going to go gold prospecting for a few days later this week. Some of the better detectors are the SDC 2300, GPZ 7000 or GPX 5000. They aren't exactly cheap though.

Back
Top Bottom