First lost item search fo me and success!

Mr. C

Hi All,
I Got a text from a friend of the wife's last night. He dropped his farm keys (sheds, trailer locks, gate, etc) while clearing brush in the woods.

He asked if i could help find them and i told him i'd be right over after work today.

He had an approximate area (about 30 x 30) he was confident they were in.

Set the deus on basic 1 because I had no idea what it would ring up as and didf a quick pass around the area. i found two bullets ... cool but not the target. I then did a fast pass from the other direction with no hits.

I then decided to do the perimeter where he had been pushing topsoil and new right away that i likely had found it. Super solid signal. About 8 inches under the material he had been pushing was a big OL set of keys.

In all took about 20 minutes. I already had permission to hunt his property, so this was a nice way to thank him for that permission.

Feeling good about this and glad it was a quick find.

Thanks
Mr. C

Hi All,
I Got a text from a friend of the wife's last night. He dropped his farm keys (sheds, trailer locks, gate, etc) while clearing brush in the woods.

He asked if i could help find them and i told him i'd be right over after work today.

He had an approximate area (about 30 x 30) he was confident they were in.

Set the deus on basic 1 because I had no idea what it would ring up as and didf a quick pass around the area. i found two bullets ... cool but not the target. I then did a fast pass from the other direction with no hits.

I then decided to do the perimeter where he had been pushing topsoil and new right away that i likely had found it. Super solid signal. About 8 inches under the material he had been pushing was a big OL set of keys.

In all took about 20 minutes. I already had permission to hunt his property, so this was a nice way to thank him for that permission.

Feeling good about this and glad it was a quick find.

Thanks
Mr. C
Glad you were able to help! Nice job. I like helping people.

Oldest coin- 1950 S wheat penny.

Hi All,
I already had permission to hunt his property, so this was a nice way to thank him for that permission.

Well done, and a bonus that the keys were 8" under cover... hopefully there will be another chapter to this story - when you go back and find some interesting items!

Another Sherlock Holmes "who-dunnit" mystery solved by an md'r. Thanx for sharing the story. :detector:

I’ve got 14 returns but one of my favorites was a lost lock. N Myrtle Beach and a young man approached me very upset. The city has chair and umbrella stands along the beach and this was his first day working them and he lost one of the locks for one of the stand. His boss threatened to either fire him or deduct $50 from his pay if he didn’t find it. Seems all the locks are keyed the same.

Happily I found it but it had already sank deep into the sand. He would never have found it otherwise.

A few years back I got a call from a friend of mine who was a Ranger at a Boy Scout camp. He had lost a set of keys while trying to pull some stumps with his tractor. He said it would cost several hundred dollars if he had to replace all of the locks that the keys went to. I arrived to find a torn up section of ground where he had been working. I asked him if he had something to dig with if I found them. While he went to find a shovel I stood there looking over the area. A glint from the sun caught my eye. It was from the key ring that they were on. When he came back I handed him the keys. I never even had to turn my detector on. For thanks he filled my car with gas and gave me the right to detect the camp anytime I wanted. The camp has since then been sold and I have lost track of my friend.

Way to lock in that permission!!!
I like how you jumped right on it - lets the guy know you appreciate it.
Nice job

Back
Top Bottom